Local News

Authorities say space heater caused fatal Fuquay fire

Posted June 7, 2012

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— A portable electric space heater caused an April fire in Fuquay-Varina that killed two men, authorities said Thursday.

The April 29 fire trapped Leroy Dunlap, 59, and Arthur Lee Harris, 46, inside the basement of the burning house at 128 Bridge St., authorities said.

The space heater ignited combustible materials nearby, and both men died of smoke inhalation, authorities said.

Four other people managed to escape safely from the house, and a seventh resident wasn't home at the time.

2 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • DontVote4LiarsCheatsOrThieves Jun 7, 2012

    Awww...

  • Scubagirl Jun 7, 2012

    So sad.