News Briefs

Authorities respond to emergency at Raleigh hotel

Posted February 16, 2013
Updated February 17, 2013

— A hotel in Raleigh was evacuated Saturday night after authorities responded to a call about a suspicious odor.

The incident happened about 9:30 p.m. at the Candlewood Suites, 4433 Lead Mine Road, near Crabtree Valley Mall. A hazardous materials team was at the scene.

One person was taken to Rex Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The person was reportedly overcome by an odor.

Firefighters cleared the hotel to make sure the air quality was safe.

"We just went out to eat, and we came back and saw all these fire trucks and ambulances," said hotel guest Caitlin Wilson. "We asked them about it, and they said, 'The fire alarm went off, and the manager went inside there and said there was someone unconscious.'"

No other information was released.

4 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • offconstantly Feb 18, 1:57 p.m.

    it was problably the odor coming from the crabtree valley creek!

  • offconstantly Feb 18, 1:39 p.m.

    it was problably the odor from the crabtree valley mall stream.....

  • ncEMT Feb 18, 1:08 p.m.

    @JennyB - sorry, I had chili the day before.

  • JennyB Feb 18, 10:46 a.m.

    ...so...what was the odor?