Asheville police total damage from weekend rampage
Posted May 4, 2010
ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Vandals damaged seven business and six cars in downtown Asheville Saturday at an estimated cost of about $18,000, police said Tuesday.
More than a dozen calls came in to 911Saturday evening as people in black masks broke windows in the Battery Park area, including one at The Asheville Citizen-Times.
On Monday, police released the names of 11 people charged with damage to property. They are:
- Randall Stezer, 17, of Graham
- Nicholas Entwistel, 19, of Kansas City, Mo.
- Naomi Ullian, 26, and Havely Carsky, 23, both of Asheville
- Marshall Tingler, 24, and Jordan Ferrand-Sapsis, 24, both of Oklahoma City
- Daniel Regenscheit, 26, Karen Alderfer, 19, and Alissa Batzold, 18, all of Carrboro
- Cailin Major, 25, of Milwaukee
- Wyatt Allgeier, 19, of Mount Pleasant
Police were continuing to gather evidence Tuesday and said more charges were pending. They asked that anyone with photographs or video of the vandalism call 828-259-5910. Victims of the attack were asked to call 828-259-5870 to file a police report.