April 2013 will be the first North Carolina Beer Month
Posted January 25, 2013
Raleigh, N.C. — Beer lovers, rejoice! North Carolinians now have a chance to explore the Tar Heel State through its beer, thanks to a collaboration between the NC Brewers Guild and the NC Division of Tourism.
Concrete details haven't been determined yet, but according to their website, Beer Month will feature prix fixe menus, beer pairings and chef dinners, cooking classes, educational beer programs and festivals and special events throughout the state.
They'll also offer hotel and tour packages for those interested in traveling to special Beer Month events, including a "Beer City Weekend" package in Asheville, "NC Beer Lovers Weekend" in Greensboro and the 11th Annual Hickory Hops Festival on April 20.
Here's a list of participating breweries. There's a good mix of familiar names and new faces:
- Frog Level Brewing Company: Waynesville
- NoDa Brewing Company: Charlotte
- Bull City Burger & Brewery: Durham
- Front Street Brewery: Wilmington
- Olde Hickory Brewery: Hickory
- Howard Brewing: Lenoir
- White Street Brewing Company: Wake Forest
- Blind Squirrel Brewery: Plumtree
- Full Moon Brewery: Manteo
- Aviator Brewing Company: Fuquay-Varina
- Nantahala Brewing Company: Bryson City
- Mash House Brewery: Fayetteville
- Bird Song Brewing Company: Charlotte
- Fullsteam Brewery: Durham
- Highland Brewing Company: Asheville
- Red Oak Brewery: Whitsett
- Carolina Brewing Company: Holly Springs
- Big Boss Brewing Company: Raleigh
- Outer Banks Brewing Station: Kill Devil Hills
- Mother Earth Brewing Company: Kinston
- Heinzelmännchen Brewery: Sylva
- Foothills Brewing: Winston-Salem
- Weeping Radish Brewery: Grandy
- Lex Ave Brewing: Asheville
- Carolina Brewery: Chapel Hill and Pittsboro
We'll certainly be keeping an eye out for NC Beer Month festivities. Expect an update when more information is released!