I'm excited to announce the moms and dads featured in our fifth annual Made by Mom (and Dad!) Gift Guide.
I feature local moms and dads on the site every Monday. Many have created their own products or are incredibly craft. I'm always so amazed and impressed by their creativity, ingenuity and, really, bravery for putting their own creations out in the marketplace.
As always, I work to support and help local parents. I hope this guide means some more business for this talented crew and provides some gift ideas for the rest of us.
I've featured some of these parents already on Go Ask Mom. Others are new to the site. Over the next month, I'll be sharing their stories and updates since we last heard from them.
Please check our 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 guides for more gift ideas made by local moms and dads. Finally, a hat tip to Vend Raleigh and Anvil Studio & Gallery for connecting me with some of these talented parents!
Here are the moms and dads who will be featured in our 2014 Made by Mom and Dad Gift Guide!
1. Jason Robinson of CupCaps, a fun gift for sports lovers that keeps bugs out of your drinks.
2. Stephanie Ferguson of Saf Organics, a line of gluten free, organic skin care products and cosmetics.
3. Helen Bertelli of Clued in Kids, a line of fun scavenger hunts for children.
4. Jeanne Salas of KitKeepers, special bags designed to hold sports uniforms.
5. Jackie Karlic of Little Lamb Big Chicken, offering special car reminder tags for parents.
6. Hunter Forstchen of Katiebug Bows, maker of hair bows, headbands and more.
7. Belinda Briggs of Belinda Lee Designs, creator of custom-made and personalized decorative pillows.
8. Tiffany Coley, maker of handcrafted artisan jewelry.
9. Harrison Harper, maker of blown glass ornaments, vases and more.
10. Heather Levine of HHP Designs, maker of jewelry that blends organic materials with metals.
11. Kristin Schmalzbauer, children's book author.
12. Alyssa Goodyear, an artist who specializes in pen and ink drawings.