Announcing Go Ask Mom's Month of Mom, a month's worth of contests!
Posted April 30, 2013
Updated May 13, 2013
It's May! And that means we're launching Go Ask Mom's annual Month of Mom!
As long-time Go Ask Mom readers know, that means we'll have a month of contests featuring fun activities for moms and, sometimes, their families!
Here's how it will work: We'll launch each of these contests separately throughout the month of May. Once one finishes, the next one will begin. So keep your eye on Go Ask Mom all month!
What could you win? Lots of fun prizes! Here's the list in no particular order:
- Two pairs of tickets to see actress, author and comic genius Carol Burnett at the Durham Performing Arts Center on May 12, Mother's Day! Laughter and Reflection with Carol Burnett: A Conversation with Carol where the Audience Asks the Questions is Burnett’s off-the-cuff conversation with the audience. It's a format that grew out of the question-and-answer sessions she shared with her studio audience on each episode of The Carol Burnett Show, according to the arts center. I grew up watching Burnett and absolutely love her take on life and comedy. Click here for the contest post.
- A pack of four tickets to Sing-A-Long Grease at 8 p.m., Aug. 24, at Koka Booth Amphiteater in Cary. Created by the same producers of the very popular Sing-a-long-a Sound of Music, the interactive screening of the classic film starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton John includes on-screen subtitles so you can sing every single word to "The One That You Want" and all of the movie's other songs. Before the movie, there will be a fun vocal warm-up, costume competition and free goody bag. Dress up is strongly encouraged. This will be fun! A family four-pack is usually $40.
- Two pairs of tickets to the Hob Nob Jazz Series, which takes over Koka Booth Amphitheater every Wednesday in May. Our prize is good for the May 22 show, which features the Mint Julep Jazz Band. The series runs 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each Wednesday. It's a fun way to spend an evening with friends and family and enjoy some music. Kids 12 and under are admitted for free. And pets are welcome! Guests also can bring in a picnic dinner (just leave the beverages at home). Click here for the contest post.
- A pack of four tickets to see the Zoppe's family circus in Raleigh. The Big Top will go up on the front lawn of the Meymandi Concert Hall and the Duke Performing Arts Center when the 170-year-old Zoppe, An Italian Family Circus stops for six performances on the same weekend as Artsplosure. That's May 17 to May 19. Click here for the contest post.
- Two family four packs of tickets for admission to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham! The tickets are good through Aug. 30! Click here for the contest post!
- A four pack of tickets to see Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music and a really cute Sesame Street Playset, which is perfect for kids ages 4 and under. I've had to hide it really well from my three-year-old!
- Two $25 gift certificates to Dickey's Barbecue Pit, good at the Cary Crossroads, downtown Raleigh and New Hope Commons Drive, Durham, locations.
Happy Month of Mom!