Education

After series of bomb threats, Wilson schools offers reward for tips

Posted November 3, 2016

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Lane Mills, superintendent of Wilson County Schools, emailed parents Wednesday night to announce that the district would pay a reward to those who help identify the people behind a series of bomb threats against area high schools.

In addition to threats this week against Hunt and Beddingfield high schools, Lane said there were threats on Sept. 29 and Oct. 26.

He told parents that one person had been linked to a threat at Hunt High School on Monday and would be disciplined.

"We are aggressively pursuing leads to identify the individuals who made the threats at two of our high schools," he wrote.

He said the school district was prepared to pay "a large, cash reward" for information that helps in that cause.

"The safety of our students and staff is one of my main priorities, and we will not tolerate threats to students and staff and disruptions to our school functions," Lane wrote.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all