IBMA World of Bluegrass
The International Bluegrass Music Association will be hosting a celebration Sept. 26-30, 2017, in downtown Raleigh. Here's a rundown of events happening and how you can grab tickets to the shows!
Where? Various downtown Raleigh music venues and the Raleigh Convention Center
- More than 200 showcase performances
- Two official showcase stages in the Raleigh Convention Center
- Hop the Bluegrass Express, which runs nonstop between hotels and the Bluegrass Ramble venues between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m.
Price: Single Day passes are $25 for IBMA members and $30 for non-members. Full passes for all Bluegrass Ramble shows are $60 for IBMA members and $75 for non-members. Tickets are available through the IBMA website.
IBMA Business Conference (Sept. 26-28)
Where? Raleigh Convention Center
- Seminars, panels and workshops on festivals, touring, merchandise, radio, digital media, contract negotiation and more.
- Free band website consultations
- Special events, including the Gig Fair (like speed dating for artists and talent buyers), DJ Taping Session, and Song Critique Session
Price: It is $250 for the full conference for IBMA Members, while non-members pay $295. Single day tickets are available for $100 for members and $110 for non-members. Those prices go up after Sept. 22, so buy early. Tickets are available through the IBMA website.
Where? Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts' Memorial Auditorium
- Features outstanding performances by the best in bluegrass and once-in-a-lifetime moments
Price: Tickets range from $60 to $110 for non-IBMA members. Tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster or at the Duke Energy Center box office.
Where? Red Hat Amphitheater
- Urban bluegrass festival in the heart of downtown Raleigh
- Features traditional and acoustic music on three stages
- Performers include Steep Canyon Rangers, Jerry Douglas, Marty Stuart
Price: General admission tickets start at $80 for both days for IBMA members and $100 for non-members. Single day tickets are $50 for IBMA members and $60 for non members. Reserved seats run about $20 more and there are discounts on general admission tickets for children 14 years and younger. Tickets are available through the IBMA website.
Where? Downtown Raleigh
- Free festival featuring four live music stages
- Youth talent stage
- NC Whole Hog Barbecue State Championship held during the festival
- Dance Tent
- WOB Art Market
Price: It's free!
Tar Heel Traveler's bluegrass stories
Published: 2014-09-16 13:09:00
Updated: 2017-08-28 13:20:40