Deep Run Roots Dinner
Visit Their Website
Not Yet Rated
Sign in to add your rating
The Deep Run Roots dinner will honor chef and TV personality Vivian Howard of A Chef's Life on PBS, celebrating the release of her new cookbook, scheduled to go on sale October 4, 2016. Each ticket for the Thursday dinner will come with a signed copy of Howard’s new book, Deep Run Roots: Stories and Recipes from My Corner of the South.
For this special dinner, Vivian has selected dishes from her new book and each of the participating chefs will create their own versions or interpretations of those dishes. We have an amazing line-up for this dinner:
- Chef Brian Kaderavek of Chef & The Farmer in Kinston
- Chef Frank Lee of Slightly North of Broad (SNOB) in Charleston, SC
- Chef John May formerly of Chef & The Farmer in Kinston
- Chef Bill Smith of Crooks Corner in Chapel Hill
- Pastry Chef Cynthia Wong of Butcher & Bee in Charleston, SC
In addition, there will be delicious wine, coffee, craft beer, and specialty cocktails. More details to come! Thanks go to Chapel Hill Orange County Visitors Bureau, The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham, and The Parlour at Manns Chapel for sponsoring this event.