A toddler and days-old infant reported missing Friday following a domestic incident in Fayetteville were found stabbed to death early Saturday in Hoke County, and their father is charged with their deaths, Sheriff Hubert Peterkin said.
No repeal for Obamacare is defeat for Trump, 'sigh of relief' for Democrats
President Donald Trump and GOP leaders yanked their bill to repeal "Obamacare" off the House floor Friday when it became clear it would fail badly -- after seven years of nonstop railing against the health care law.
- Ex-roommate charged with murder of Fayetteville woman
Cumberland County police arrested and charged Jeffrey Lynne McKinnon, Jr. with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Jennifer Foxx, who was found Tuesday morning near her Fayetteville home.
- Durham woman is reunited with missing wedding dress
The Durham woman, whose husband accidentally donated her wedding dress, now has her dress back.
- Car crashes into school bus north of Pittsboro
A car collided with a school bus on Highway 15-501 north of Pittsboro Friday evening, according to Highway Patrol.
- Enrollment caps mean some Wake students don't attend closest school
Moving into a home near a good school in Wake County doesn't mean children will get to go to that school.
- Bull City Ciderworks reopens in downtown Durham
In a time when craft beer was booming, John Clowney helped open a cidery.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,343.98||-1.98 (-0.08%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||48.35||+0.07 (+0.15%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||118.86||+0.19 (+0.16%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Davie County woman shares concerns after fires sparked by Low E windows
- UNC grad helping shape future of downtown Durham
- Grant helps local family find peace during scary time
- Flight from Nashville reports problem, lands safely at RDU
- Fayetteville PD: Suspect in drive-by shooting 'extremely dangerous'
- View More »