Gov. Roy Cooper and Attorney General Josh Stein have moved to withdraw North Carolina's appeal of a 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling striking down the state's voter ID law.
US to expand pool of people targeted for deportation
The Trump administration is greatly expanding the number of people living in the U.S. illegally who are considered a priority for deportation, including people arrested for traffic violations, according to agency documents released Tuesday.
- As flu cases spike in NC, follow these tips to stay well
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the flu is widespread across North Carolina.
- Raleigh selects Dorothea Dix Park designer
The Raleigh City Council voted unanimously to select landscape architect Michael Van Valkenburgh to create the master plan for Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh.
- Cheerwine: North Carolina's signature beverage celebrates 100 years
Cheerwine might be a centenarian, but it hasn't changed much since its inception in 1917 in Salisbury.
- Hoke Sheriff on SBI investigation: 'This is serious'
The State Bureau of Investigation on Monday evening took control of Hoke County government offices as agents investigated alleged criminal activity. They locked down the building and started collecting evidence.
- Police: Fight over tennis shoes leads to fatal Roxboro shooting
Roxboro police are investigating the death of a man they believe was shot by accident.
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,360.29||+9.13 (+0.39%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||53.49||+0.38 (+0.72%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||117.78||+0.10 (+0.09%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Supreme Court seems split in case of boy's death near border
- In Trump's future looms a familiar shutdown threat
- 4 US tourists, pilot killed in Australian light plane crash
- Trump's new national security adviser a soldier-scholar
- Pinpointing cause of death for North Korea's Kim Jong Nam may be hard
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Holden double-murder trial continues
- House panel weighs partisan judicial elections
- WRAL Noon News
- Cooper discusses plans for teacher raises
- Immigration enforcement proposal before House panel LIVE
3pWake County school board work session
4pWRAL Evening News