An academic exercise for a high school class went viral over night after students advertised a fake rally with First Lady Michelle Obama.
5-year-old girl hit by passing truck while getting off school bus in Cumberland County
A 5-year-old girl was injured when she was hit by a passing truck while getting off a stopped school bus in Cumberland County on Thursday, authorities said.
- John Edwards lists North Carolina estate for $6.9M
Former senator and Democratic nominee for vice president John Edwards has listed his North Carolina estate on the market for $6.9 million.
- 2 stopped at RDU with loaded guns in carry-on bags
In both incidents - Wednesday evening and Thursday morning - the travelers were stopped at security when X-ray machines detected the guns in their carry-on bags.
- Man thrown from truck during crash found dead on top of Spring Lake home
The body of a man thrown from a car in a crash Wednesday night was recovered from the roof of a Spring Lake home Thursday morning.
- Raleigh music school in need of donations could close after 23 years
For 23 years, the Community Music School in downtown Raleigh has brought music into the lives of children, most of whom are from families that could not otherwise afford music lessons.
- Graduate student creates 'famous light show' at his family's Durham home
When Michael Shoaf comes home from the University of for Thanksgiving break, a big dinner is the last thing on his mind. Instead, he works hard to set up his annual Christmas lights display, set to music, at his family's Durham home.
|▲S&P 500||2,246.19||+4.84 (+0.22%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||50.98||-0.27 (-0.53%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||111.57||-0.26 (-0.23%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Surgeon General sounding alarm on teens' use of e-cigarettes
- Major survey of transgender Americans finds pervasive bias
- Colleges pushed to note sexual misconduct on transcripts
- Fishing groups in 4 states seek Atlantic wind farm delay
- Delta will upgrade free snacks in the economy-fare cabin
- View More »