One man was in custody Friday night following the shooting of a woman at a Wendell home.
British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
The British were warned for weeks that a vote to leave the European Union would result in economic pain. Now they'll find out whether it will.
- Amish in disbelief over parents accused of 'gifting' girl
Daniel Stoltzfus' Amish mother always viewed him as her prodigal son, the only one of her 13 children to have left the religious order known for its modest dress, plain ways and insular culture.
- Crews rescue the stranded in West Virginia flooding; 23 dead
All Karol Dunford has left is a dirty nightgown, caked in mud from the floodwaters that ravaged her West Virginia town and killed at least 23.
- Of 520 pets rescued from Haven, few are returned to shelters
Joyce DeBruhl, 80, knew little about the labrador-mix dog she brought back to her Hornbeam Road home earlier this month.
- CBC OPINIONEditorial: Lack of accountability at the ballot box allows ideology to run amok
Two proposals making their way through the General Assembly, particularly one that would severely hamper the ability of future legislatures to address pressing concerns, epitomize the problems gerrymandered legislative districts have created and the resulting lack of accountability or our "elected" representatives.
- Inventor with Duke connection seeks to subdue cellphone addiction
Musicians are increasingly asking concert-goers to put the cellphones away and an inventor believes he has the solution.
- Elderly couple dead, 80 homes burn in California wildfire
- APNewsBreak: Experts demand more effort to save coral reefs
- Report: Lead levels higher in Flint kids after water switch
- Crowds, tight security expected for Cincinnati pride parade
- 23 dead in West Virginia floods; search and rescue continues
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,037.41||-75.91 (-3.59%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||46.16||-0.30 (-0.65%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||126.01||+5.90 (+4.91%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.