An early morning fight between two groups of students escalated into gunfire in the parking lot outside an Arizona university dormitory, leaving one person dead and three others wounded, authorities said Friday.
Gravley: Sports fans lose some trust this week
A couple of things happened this week that makes a sports fan cringe.
- Pressure on Rep. Ryan to run for House speaker
The pressure is on Rep. Paul Ryan, the GOP's 2012 vice presidential pick, to run for House speaker in the chaotic aftermath of Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's astonishing decision to abandon his campaign for the post.
- Tunisian democracy group wins Nobel Peace Prize
A Tunisian coalition of workers, employers, human rights activists and lawyers won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for pulling the country that sparked the Arab Spring back onto a path toward democracy and preventing it from descending into civil war.
- Cumberland County schools cracking down on tardy students
Cumberland County Schools are cracking down on students who are chronically tardy.
- Obama focusing on condolences, not gun laws, in Oregon visit
President Barack Obama is bringing words of comfort and sympathy to grieving families of victims of the shooting rampage in Roseburg, Oregon, muting his message about the need for new laws to stem gun violence as he visits an area where firearms are popular.
- Rain-swollen South Carolina rivers prompt new evacuations
A number of South Carolina residents near the coast are evacuating and others are piling up sandbags anew outside homes and businesses, bracing for more possible flooding even as the nation's Homeland Security chief is set later Friday to tour areas hit hard by recent heavy rains.
More Top News
- Lawmakers weigh optional insurance overhaul
- State cuing up downtown Raleigh properties for sale, lease
- Appeals court: Asheville water system transfer constitutional
- Advisory letter could permit bigger role for outside groups in NC elections
- Critics say proposal to cut food benefits will hit rural areas hard
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,014.06||+0.63 (+0.03%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.10||-0.14 (-0.29%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||110.59||+1.45 (+1.33%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.