Humidity, storm chances climb through Tuesday afternoon
"We should see some showers and storms form, but they won't be quite as numerous as they were yesterday," said WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner.
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over missile fear
In a sign of increased caution about flying near combat zones, U.S. and European airlines halted flights to Israel Tuesday after a rocket landed near Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion Airport.
- Report: More NC children living in poverty
Despite making significant gains in health and education in the last eight years, North Carolina ranks 34th nationally in overall child well-being, according to a report released Tuesday by the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- 'Dialogue' but no progress on budget
Senate leaders discussed the budget stalemate and Medicaid reform at a private meeting with the governor Tuesday, but they made no progress on either issue.
- EU imposes new sanctions against Russian officials
The European Union agreed Tuesday to impose new sanctions against officials deemed responsible for Russia's actions in Ukraine, amid mounting international anger after a Malaysia Airlines plane was shot down over rebel-held territory.
- Zipper maker to expand in Oxford
A company that makes zippers plans to expand its Granville County operation, creating 155 jobs in the next five years, officials said Tuesday.
- FSU, Winston picked to lead the ACC, Duke gets support in Coastal Division
- For Pack, Brissett's time finally at hand
- Big 12 commish's dire warning about pending change
- Wake Forest adds Greek forward Mitoglou to roster
- Bulls' Montoyo notches victory No. 614, becomes franchise's all-time winningest manager
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,983.91||+10.28 (+0.52%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.07||-0.47 (-0.45%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||125.72||-0.62 (-0.49%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.