State, defense rest in Laurence Lovette trial
Closing arguments in Laurence Lovette's first-degree murder trial were scheduled for Monday morning after prosecutors rested their case and defense attorneys chose not to call any witnesses.
- UNC professor beaten with rock in fatal mugging
A UNC-Chapel Hill professor who died after being mugged on Wednesday was beaten with "a landscape stone" during the attack, according to warrants.
- Autopsy: Woman found dead on Durham trail was shot
A woman found dead in May on Rocky Creek Trail in south Durham had been shot, according to an autopsy report released Friday.
- Fayetteville Medal of Honor recipient to be immortalized on stamp sheet
Rodolfo "Rudy" Hernandez, a Fayetteville Korean War Medal of Honor recipient, will be immortalized on a Korean War Medal of Honor stamp sheet, the U.S. Postal Service announced Thursday.
- New vaccine fights mosquito-borne viruses
Clinical stage biotechnology company, Arbovax Inc., created a vaccine for Chikungunya, the company announced last month.
- Stolen dinosaur replica to be returned to Raleigh museum Monday
A dinosaur replica stolen from an exhibit at a downtown Raleigh museum on July 16 will be returned to its home on Monday, North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences officials announced Friday.
- House saves child fatality prevention group; pushes ahead with sweeping 'corrections' bill
- Charter school bill loses LGBT protections
- Today @NCCapitol (7/25): It may be technical, but is it a correction?
- State could help owners find lost savings bonds
- Revised rules for rehabbing factories head to governor despite objections
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,978.34||-9.64 (-0.48%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.22||-0.08 (-0.08%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||125.79||+1.44 (+1.16%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.