Cathedral will be church home to all of eastern NC
The new home of the Catholic diocese of Raleigh is set to open in July 2017.
- Wake early voting numbers up despite fewer polling places
More people voted during the first four days of early voting in Wake County than during the same period four years ago, despite fewer early voting locations being available this year.
- Obama administration confirms double-digit premium hikes
Premiums will go up sharply next year under President Barack Obama's health care law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer, the administration confirmed Monday. That's sure to stoke another "Obamacare" controversy days before a presidential election.
- DOT plans to convert portion of Glenwood Avenue into freeway
The Department of Transportation is considering the change to reduce congestion and create better traffic flow from Interstate 540 in Raleigh to Interstate 85 in Durham.
- Trump rejects 'phony' polls, insists 'we are winning'
A defiant Donald Trump blamed his campaign struggles on "phony polls" from the "disgusting" media on Monday, fighting to energize his most loyal supporters as his path to the presidency shrinks.
- Some NC schools could get calendar relief in wake of Hurricane Matthew
Top House lawmakers said Monday they want to give school districts in areas affected by Hurricane Matthew flexibility in the wake of disruptions from flooding.
|▲S&P 500||2,151.33||+10.17 (+0.48%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.08||-0.43 (-0.89%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||120.56||-0.27 (-0.22%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- One-fourth of US cancer deaths linked with 1 thing: smoking
- Nurse who survived Ebola settles with Texas hospital system
- Lexus, Toyota and Buick top new auto reliability survey
- First transgender soldiers seek formal Army recognition
- General Mills milks Girl Scout Cookie popularity with cereal
- View More »