A person died in a car accident on Hammond Road near Interstate 40 following a police chase. There were 2 cars involved in the wreck.
Granville officer, suspect hurt during Oxford drug arrest and shooting
Officers with the Granville County Drug Unit were involved in a shooting when trying to arrest a suspect wanted on drug charges ina Bojangles' parking lot off United States Highway 15 in Oxford.
- Wake County revisits violent Rolesville police video
A Wake County Commissioner called for a meeting Thursday evening, referencing the cell phone video of a Rolesville High School student being slammed to the ground by a Rolesville police officer in early January.
- Opioid addiction newest battle line for many veterans
The Department of Veterans Affairs is trying to respond after estimates show one in 10 veterans on painkillers is addicted to them.
- 26-year-old charged with stealing AR-15 rifle from Chatham County deputy's vehicle
A man was charged Wednesday with stealing several items out of a Chatham County Sheriff's Office vehicle earlier in the week.
- Two shot near Hillside High
Two people were shot Thursday morning a couple of blocks from Hillside High School in Durham, police said.
- Homeland Security chief: No use of military for deportations
Seeking to tamp down growing unease in Latin America, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly pledged Thursday that the United States won't enlist its military to enforce immigration laws and that there will be "no mass deportations."
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,363.81||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||53.95||+0.47 (+0.88%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||118.94||+1.03 (+0.87%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Hoke HR director resigns, sheriff's employee fired amid SBI investigation
- Authorities investigate attempted child abduction at Ft. Bragg
- Smithfield man charged in 2015 slaying
- 23-year-old man charged with sex crimes with teen
- Autopsy: Man had .26 blood alcohol content when killed by police near Wilmington
- View More »
- Bills targeting transgender bathroom access are floundering
- Conservative activist O'Keefe posts tapes targeting CNN
- Mayor 'deeply disturbed' over incident between cop and teen
- Dakota Access oil pipeline camp cleared of protesters
- Lawmakers renew push for drilling in Alaska wildlife refuge
- View More »