Geologist's philosophy of hurricanes turned upside down after Katrina
When Michael Merritt moved to Baton Rouge in 2005, he never expected a hurricane.
- Man arrested in connection with Raleigh hit-and-run
Raleigh police arrested a Wendell man in connection with a hit-and-fun that involved a police cruiser near the intersection of Wake Forest Road and St. Alban's Drive at about 5:15 a.m. Friday morning.
- Dominica digs out from storm damage that killed at least 20
Rescue crews jumped off boats and trudged through mud, rocks and uprooted trees Saturday to reach communities cut off by a tropical storm that killed at least 20 people and left nearly 50 missing in the eastern Caribbean island of Dominica.
- Democrats choose former House member to replace Glazier
Democratic leaders in Cumberland County have selected former North Carolina Rep. Billy Richardson to replace a resigning House member.
- Shots fired into vehicle in Durham; man, woman injured
A man and woman were injured early Saturday when someone fired shots into a vehicle in Durham, police said.
- Gulf Coast marks Katrina's fury, celebrates rebirth
As the church bells rang marking the decade since Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast, the 80-year-old woman wept softly into a tissue as she leaned against her rusting Oldsmobile near a Catholic church in Mississippi.
- Program offers incentives for employers willing to train new workers
- Rabbit euthanized after incident at South Johnston High School
- AG: No retrial of Charlotte officer in fatal shooting
- Authorities: More work needed to slow speeding Johnston teen drivers
- Bat is 7th rabies case of year in Orange County
- View More »
- Ashton Eaton breaks world record as he wins decathlon gold
- Fialko: What's in a (fantasy football team) name?
- Bae tied for lead at Barclays as military service looms
- Former Wakefield QB Connor Mitch to start for Gamecocks against UNC
- Fan falls from upper deck in Atlanta, taken to hospital
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,988.87||+1.21 (+0.06%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||42.37||+1.86 (+4.59%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||108.70||+0.97 (+0.90%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.