A man who exchanged gunfire with a Raleigh police officer Monday morning has died, police said.
Tropical storm warning issued for Outer Banks; 2nd storm moves in later this week
Two tropical depressions that formed Sunday in the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico could have an impact on North Carolina's weather in the coming days, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner said.
- Durham police seek public's help to find missing 31-year-old man
Durham police are asking for the public's help to find a 31-year-old man missing since Saturday.
- FAA forecast: 600,000 commercial drones within the year
There will be 600,000 commercial drone aircraft operating in the U.S. within the year as the result of new safety rules that opened the skies to them on Monday, according to a Federal Aviation Administration estimate.
- Actor Gene Wilder, star of Mel Brooks movies, dies at 83
Gene Wilder, the frizzy-haired actor who brought his deft comedic touch to such unforgettable roles as the neurotic accountant in "The Producers" and the mad scientist of "Young Frankenstein," has died. He was 83.
- Clinton aide Abedin dumps husband Weiner over new scandal
Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin is done playing the good wife to Anthony Weiner, announcing Monday she is leaving the serially sexting ex-congressman after he was accused of sending raunchy photos and messages to yet another woman.
- Wake welcomes 159,000 students to 177 schools
An estimated 159,000 students in Wake County will return to school on Monday morning.
- Army signs up Durham startup's holograms for recruiting program
- Construction design firm to open operation in Mebane
- Many NC students will start the school year with a sub
- NC chapter of NAACP starts 15-stop voter registration drive
- Police: Man with goatee touched woman in Raleigh department store
- View More »
- Tudor: Tribe has tools to hang with Wolfpack
- NC State junior, Olympic gold medalist Held to throw out first pitch at DBAP
- Reed wins Barclays, Fowler loses Ryder Cup spot
- US Open begins with new roof, no rain in sight
- NC Central coaches boost Durham boys' confidence for start of new school year
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,180.38||+11.34 (+0.52%)|
|—OPEC Oil||45.75||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||126.30||+0.25 (+0.20%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.