GoFundMe scam cashes in on real life tragedy for family hurt in State Fair accident
Three years ago, when the Gorham family was involved in a tragic accident on the Vortex ride at the North Carolina State Fair, community members stepped up to the plate and offered monetary donations to help keep the family afloat.
- Rain moves in for weekend, gets heaviest Sunday
After a dry start, rain moves into the Triangle from the west Friday morning and stays in the forecast off and on through the coming weekend.
- Drivers make fast buck when $20 bills fall from truck on I-40
Some drivers on Interstate 40 made a quick buck Thursday morning when the door of an armored truck opened and cash fell out.
- CBC OPINION
Editorial: Instead of repeal, make Obamacare work better
Friday, Jan. 20. 2017 -- Republicans seem to be coming to the conclusion that their overheated "repeal and replace" slogan for the Affordable Care Act may turn out to be more moderate "tinker and fix."
- US jobless claims hit lowest level in more than 43 years
The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits dropped last week to the lowest level in more than 43 years, another sign that most American workers enjoy job security.
- Benson police narrow search for man missing since November
While Cole Thomas remains missing, police in Benson, where he was last seen in November, said they have been able to eliminate some areas from consideration, while they add new places to their search list.
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,263.69||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||51.45||-0.77 (-1.47%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||114.77||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Timing of Mexico drug lord's extradition seen as political
- As Trump takes the oath, many voters still can't believe it
- Uber pays $20 million to settle claims of driver deception
- Doctors consider removing tube for 41st President Bush
- Osama bin Laden worried that Iran put tracking chip in sons
- View More »