Gov. Pat McCrory said a bill meant to restrict "bad actors" could prevent honest workers from coming forward to point out problems.
Documentary returns attention to Orange County cold case
The documentary about an accomplished forensic sculptor is incomplete because of an Orange County cold case.
- Wreath-laying ceremony honors fallen MPs
The sound of bag pipes swept through the air Friday morning on Fort Bragg and a wreath was laid to honor those who gave their lives protecting our freedom. Several dozen people gathered to honor fallen heroes who were part of the 16th Military Police Brigade.
- Victim was in car when explosive went off
In a 911 call Thursday afternoon, a man described the small explosion in his car that triggered hours of police activity, caused homes to be evacuated and detoured traffic in southwest Wake County.
- Hoke deputy injured, faulted in crash
A Hoke County deputy was seriously injured Friday morning in a crash in Fayetteville, Sheriff Hubert Peterkin said.
- Google, Apple, Facebook against NC renewable mandate freeze
Three technology and social media giants with North Carolina operations want legislative leaders to back away from changing a 2007 law requiring utilities to get increasing percentages of electricity they sell from renewables and efficiencies.
- Triangle Foodie News: Jubala opening near downtown
The latest Triangle foodie news.
- India's heat wave tests water supply; death toll over 1,800
- Anthrax shipments came from military site in Utah desert
- US economy shrank in winter but staging a spring rebound
- Volcano erupts in southern Japan, spewing ash high into sky
- Bear scurries around Wyoming city, falls asleep, gets caught
- View More »
- Tudor: QB Golston to Seminoles alters ACC Atlantic chemistry, but how much?
- Salamanders win home opener in walk-off fashion, 7-6 over Edenton
- After accident, Salamanders part-owner thankful to see opening day
- Hurricanes re-sign goalie Drew MacIntyre to one-year deal
- At $75 a game, indoor football isn't about the money
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,114.21||-6.58 (-0.31%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||59.33||-1.10 (-1.82%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||114.18||+0.16 (+0.14%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.