Deputy ambushed, fatally shot at Houston gas station
The search for the suspect in the death of a uniformed sheriff's deputy who was shot several times while filling up his patrol car at a suburban Houston gas station continued Saturday morning, authorities said.
- Storm dissipates after killing at least 20 in Caribbean
Tropical Storm Erika dissipated early Saturday, even as its remnants began drenching parts of eastern Cuba. But it left devastation in its path, killing at least 20 people and leaving another 31 missing on the small eastern Caribbean island of Dominica, authorities said.
- As Common Core results trickle in, initial goals unfulfilled
Results for some of the states that participated in Common Core-aligned testing for the first time this spring are out, with overall scores higher than expected though still below what many parents may be accustomed to seeing.
- Franklinton man, 27, killed in Wake Forest shooting
Wake Forest police asked for the public's help Saturday morning to find the person or people responsible for the fatal shooting death of a 27-year-old Franklinton man.
- Durham police searching for missing 23-year-old man
Durham police were searching Saturday morning for a 23-year-old who is believed to be cognitively impaired.
- Body recovered from Jordan Lake
Authorities said a man's body was recovered around 5:15 p.m. Friday near Farrington Point Boat Ramp at Jordan Lake, the area where a kayaker went missing Thursday afternoon.
More Top News
- Rabbit euthanized after incident at South Johnston High School
- AG: No retrial of Charlotte officer in fatal shooting
- Authorities: More work needed to slow speeding Johnston teen drivers
- Bat is 7th rabies case of year in Orange County
- All 5 suspects in Durham kidnapping, shooting charged with murder
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,988.87||+1.21 (+0.06%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||42.37||+1.86 (+4.59%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||108.70||+0.97 (+0.90%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.