Cary neighborhood takes aim at woman's anti-crime sign
The homeowners association in a Cary neighborhood has threatened to fine a woman who posted a graphic sign outside her home to scare off would-be burglars.
- Quarter of NC school districts oppose teacher tenure law
At least 28 school districts across North Carolina have voiced opposition to a new law that repeals teacher tenure and replaces it with a plan that rewards the top teachers, according the North Carolina Association of Educators.
- Police: Driver kills 2 at South by Southwest fest
A man and woman on a moped were killed early Thursday when a suspected drunken driver fleeing police crashed through barricades at the South By Southwest festival in Austin and slammed into a crowd of festivalgoers, police said.
- FAQ: ACC Tournament on TV, radio, Web, mobile
Track all the games, times, scores, schedules, results and reactions no matter where you are on TV, radio, web and mobile.
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
A seventh person has been confirmed killed by an explosion that flattened two New York City apartment buildings.
- Preschool teacher, husband face marijuana charges
A Wake Forest preschool teacher and her husband face multiple drug charges after a package of marijuana was shipped to their home.
|—S&P 500||1,868.20||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||103.75||-0.63 (-0.60%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||131.76||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Weekend Plans: St. Patrick's Day Parade, table tennis, children's theater, more
- Moe's, Poe Center team up to give garden grant to schools
- Durham lakes open for the season
- Explained: Are some kids more susceptible to ear infections?
- Solo Mom: We 'got Gerboized' at the Museum of Life and Science
- View More »