Tropical storm warning issued for Outer Banks; 2nd storm moves in later this week
Two tropical depressions that formed Sunday in the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico could have an impact on North Carolina's weather in the coming days, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner said.
- Woman struck, killed by Amtrak train in Cary
The Amtrak Silverstar was traveling from New York to Miami when it struck the woman at Maynard Road and Old Apex Road at about 10:30 p.m.
- Durham police seek public's help to find missing 31-year-old man
Durham police are asking for the public's help to find a 31-year-old man missing since Saturday.
- Mike Nifong awaits his return to court
Discredited former District Attorney Mike Nifong sat in a conference room in the Durham County Courthouse on Monday, waiting to be called as a witness in a man's effort to clear himself of a double-murder more than two decades ago.
- FAA forecast: 600,000 commercial drones within the year
There will be 600,000 commercial drone aircraft operating in the U.S. within the year as the result of new safety rules that opened the skies to them on Monday, according to a Federal Aviation Administration estimate.
- Actor Gene Wilder, star of Mel Brooks movies, dies at 83
Gene Wilder, the frizzy-haired actor who brought his deft comedic touch to such unforgettable roles as the neurotic accountant in "The Producers" and the mad scientist of "Young Frankenstein," has died. He was 83.
- 'There's ice on the roads': Wake students plead for snow day
- US-70 E reopens after tractor trailer strikes pedestrian in Durham
- Army signs up Durham startup's holograms for recruiting program
- Construction design firm to open operation in Mebane
- Many NC students will start the school year with a sub
- View More »
- No. 22 UNC preps to play without Hollins vs. No. 18 Georgia
- Tudor: Tribe has tools to hang with Wolfpack
- Panthers' Rivera not too concerned about offense's struggles
- Panthers acquire punter Andy Lee in trade with Browns
- NC State junior, Olympic gold medalist Held to throw out first pitch at DBAP
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,180.38||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||45.44||-0.31 (-0.68%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||126.30||+0.25 (+0.20%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.