Police are searching for a man charged for his connection to a hotel shooting that killed two people on Friday. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Gun-rights backers vow to 'go on offense' during Trump years
Firearms enthusiasts who embraced Donald Trump's campaign and his full-throated support of the Second Amendment are expecting a sweeping expansion of gun rights under his administration and a Congress firmly in Republican hands.
- Salisbury police face shooting deaths of man, 7-year-old
Police in a North Carolina city are investigating the shooting deaths of a 7-year-old and a 22-year-old man in a bar parking lot.
- Death toll in warehouse fire rises to 24, with more expected
The death toll in a late-night dance party fire at a converted Oakland warehouse rose to 24 on Sunday as firefighters dug slowly through the charred remnants of the building in their search for what they expect will be more victims.
- NC teams learn bowl game destinations
North Carolina, NC State and Appalachian State got their bowl bids Sunday. The Mountaineers return to the Camellia Bowl, the Tar Heels head to the Sun Bowl and the Wolfpack will play in the Independence Bowl.
- US Supreme Court to draw lines on NC gerrymandering case
In a case that could have wide-ranging ramifications for drawing legislative districts of all sorts, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments on Monday over whether lawmakers relied too heavily on race when drawing North Carolina's congressional maps more than six years ago.
- Canes hope home cookin' helps against Lightning
The Carolina Hurricanes are in need of something more than just encouraging performances, especially after a series of disturbing results. For the most part, the same applies to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Durham elections board begins recount, which could stretch into Monday
- Police arrest suspect in fatal Raleigh hotel shooting
- State elections board dismisses protest in Bladen County
- Triangle grassroots organizations hold 'Rally Against Hate'
- Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama to avert desertion trial
- View More »
- Democrats aim to rebuild the blue political wall in Midwest
- No more room for the dead as Syria's Aleppo is crushed
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- The Latest: No tears shed by Miami exiles for Castro funeral
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- View More »
- The Latest: UCF gets a bowl in Orlando versus Arkansas State
- Watson, Clemson claim ACC title and await playoff berth
- Varner wins Australian PGA Championship; Scott finishes 3rd
- Dorn, Henderson help NC State top Boston University 77-73
- No. 5 Duke beats Maine 94-55 without 2 starting guards
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,191.95||+0.87 (+0.04%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||49.35||+4.55 (+10.16%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||112.14||+0.60 (+0.54%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.