Shell-shocked and sleeping in the streets, tens of thousands of Nepalese braced against terrifying aftershocks Sunday while digging for survivors in the devastation wrought a day earlier by a massive earthquake that ripped across this Himalayan nation and killed more than 2,500 people.
Family, friends in Baltimore mourn death of arrested man
Mourners filed for hours Sunday past the coffin of the man who died after sustaining serious injuries in the custody of Baltimore police, somberly paying respects after a night of violent protests.
- What's NC's backup plan if health insurance subsidies knocked out?
The U.S. Supreme Court is considering a case that could strip North Carolina residents of federal subsidies for insurance purchased under the Affordable Care Act. It's unclear how state leaders will react if that comes to pass.
- Man shot, killed in Durham
A man was fatally shot Sunday afternoon in east Durham.
- Sunshine, warmer temps to start the week
Sunny skies are on the way to North Carolina, but residents will have to deal with another dreary day before better weather arrives.
- Two arrested in Fayetteville sexual assault, kidnapping
Two men were arrested and charged with driving a woman from Fayetteville to Raleigh against her will, raping her, then robbing her before running her over with their vehicle on April 7, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Sunday.
- Obama turns 2016 hopefuls into comic fodder for media dinner
A presidential election just getting into gear provided President Barack Obama plenty of new material to work with on the night he describes as Washington celebrating itself.
More Top News
- Durham Academy hosts Special Olympics event for 30th year
- Garden builds sense of community in southeast Raleigh
- Two dead after police chase ends in crash in Moore County
- Man charged with DWI in Granville County tractor-trailer crash
- Mower driver charged after motorcyclist killed in Johnston crash
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,117.69||+4.76 (+0.23%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||59.14||+1.05 (+1.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||113.05||-1.61 (-1.40%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Mother's Day ideas that won't bust the budget
- Sudan's pyramids, nearly as grand as Egypt's, go unvisited
- Duke Children's, service dog make a big difference to sick child's care
- Hawaii poised to become 1st state to raise smoking age to 21
- Shop and prepare carefully to kill bacteria on frozen shrimp
- View More »