FACT CHECK: Trump, Clinton deny their own words in debate
Donald Trump's habit of peddling hype and fabrication emerged unabated in the first presidential debate while Hillary Clinton played it cautiously in her statements, though not without error. They both denied making statements that they are on the record as saying.
- Police seized security system from Cary home where woman found dead
During their investigation into the death of a woman last December, Cary police seized the motherboard of her home security system, according to search warrants unsealed Tuesday.
- Man bitten by cobra gets probation for state charge
An Orange County man who was bitten by a king cobra earlier this year has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of violating a state law for how venomous snakes should be housed.
- Doctors: With season nearly here, don't wait to get the flu vaccine
Hundreds of thousands of people come down with the flu each year. For most people, it's an unpleasant illness that keep them home for a few days, but for a significant number of others, it can lead to life-threatening complications. That's why doctors recommend getting the flu shot early.
- Slow cold front brings chance of thunderstorms ahead of crisp fall weather
Storm clouds moving toward the coast could develop into spotty thunderstorms on Tuesday ahead of a cold front pushing over the mountains.
- NCSU, ECU students turn up marble marvels on ancient Jordan dig
A surprise in the desert of Jordan is the find of a lifetime for some North Carolina State University students and faculty.
- Lenovo cutting 2% of work force in latest round of layoffs
- Roof cut off car to rescue man trapped in Moore County crash
- Former Cary employee accused of falsifying water tests
- Charges upgraded to murder for 25-year-old who shot man in head
- Charlotte shooting puts pressure on local departments to add body cams
- View More »
- Colleges lavishing more financial aid on wealthy students
- Firefighter dies in NYC house blast after report of gas leak
- Password breach could have ripple effects well beyond Yahoo
- Analysis: In debate, Clinton was prepared, Trump was Trump
- New SAT exam taken by nearly 1.4 M students, no scores yet
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,154.65||+8.55 (+0.40%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||42.16||-0.73 (-1.70%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||126.47||-1.08 (-0.85%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.