UNC has chance to convince NCAA they should stay out of academic scandal
In a hearing years in the making, representatives of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill make their case this week before the NCAA Committee on Infractions, the body that can penalize the university for the years-long academic scandal that tarnished the vaunted "Carolina Way."
- 'It's still not real to us:' Family reacts to woman, man found dead in bullet-riddled car
The Harnett County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a two people were found dead Monday afternoon inside a car in Sanford.
- Raleigh rises to No. 4 in best cities for tech workers survey
North Carolina's capital city, which didn't even make the top 25 in a 2014 study and was No. 25 just two years ago, is now the nation's No. 4 best city for tech workers, according to a new study.
- NC governor wants Confederate monuments removed
The Latest on a demonstration that resulted in a Confederate statue in North Carolina being torn down (all times local):
- Man recounts pushing fiancee away from car during protest
With tires screeching and bodies flying, Marcus Martin shoved his fiancee out of the way of a car charging through a crowd of peaceful protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- 4 dangerous activities that tweens, teens are engaging in now - and 6 ways to help them
But, these days, the bullying doesn't just happen in the school halls, the experimentation might not start with a pack of cigarettes and those risky behaviors don't end at morning pickup after a sleepover. Thanks, or no thanks, to technology and new products, there's a world of new temptations for adolescents.
- Durham protester charged in Confederate statue vandalism
- Glenwood Avenue reopens in Raleigh after gas leak
- Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week starts Monday
- Raleigh police to carry opioid overdose medication due to rise in deaths
- DOT OKs traffic light for troublesome Holly Springs intersection
- View More »
- China urges US, North Korea to 'hit the brakes' on threats
- Utah mayor shrugs off attacks, wins GOP primary for US House
- Moore, Strange in GOP runoff in Alabama Senate race
- Man beaten at protest says police were indifferent to attack
- Korea fight is latest conflict for indigenous people of Guam
- View More »
- From Isaac Asimov to Aimee Mann, 'robophobia' plagues humans
- $1 billion tower lifts San Francisco skyline to new heights
- 'Bathroom bill' dies again in Texas as session abruptly ends
- Charlie Gard's parents set up foundation with $1.7 million in donations
- District may stop embarrassing kids with cheese sandwiches
- View More »
More Top News
- CBC OPINION
Editorial: Legislature's principal pay 'fix' may hurt schools with most need
- DC's Lincoln Memorial vandalized with spray-painted expletive
- Can't find eclipse glasses? No need to panic! 3 alternatives to experience the eclipse
- 82nd Airborne responds to man wearing hat at Charlottesville protests
|—S&P 500||2,464.61||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.45||-1.01 (-2.04%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||120.98||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.