Grief counselors will be on hand Monday for the first day of school at Gravelly Hill Middle School in Efland. They'll be available to talk to students, teachers and staff struggling with the death Friday of Frederick Seymour, 13, a rising eighth grader.
US: Clinton calendars won't be released until after election
Seven months after a federal judge ordered the State Department to begin releasing monthly batches of the detailed daily schedules showing meetings by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, the government told The Associated Press it won't finish the job before Election Day.
- HighSchoolOT: Big wins for Garner, Leesville Road, Heritage in Week 2
- Man faces 2 capital murder charges in Mississippi nun deaths
A man suspected in the slayings of two Mississippi nuns who were found dead inside a residence within the community they served has been arrested and charged with two counts of capital murder, Mississippi authorities said.
- The colonel's secret recipe revealed? Not so fast, says KFC
Has Colonel Sanders' nephew inadvertently revealed to the world the secret blend of 11 herbs and spices behind KFC's fried chicken empire?
- Weekend best bets: Lazy Daze, seafood festival
There's something for everyone in the Triangle this weekend - even your dog.
- Tears flow as Italy prepares state funeral for quake dead
A young man wept over a little girl's small white coffin, while a woman nearby gently stroked another white coffin ahead of a state funeral in Italy for some of the victims of the devastating earthquake that struck a central mountainous area this week.
- Fees grow faster than nest egg in NC employees' pension fund
- Raleigh nonprofit hopes 'pay what you want' pop-ups can help people get healthy meals
- Disney movie magic comes to life for Durham man
- Sanford man charged with sexually assaulting 9-year-old girl, police say
- NCSU scientists find iPhone, iPad security holes
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,169.04||-3.43 (-0.16%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||45.28||+0.03 (+0.07%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||126.05||-0.18 (-0.14%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.