A man was killed early Sunday in a motorcycle crash in Johnston County.
How to view the solar eclipse: What you'll see, where and when
When the moon blocks the sun on Aug. 21, all eyes will be on the sky. Here's what you'll see, depending on where you are.
- Tractor trailer overturns on US-64, dumping linens on the highway
A tractor trailer carrying bags and containers of linens overturned on U.S. Highway 65 in Nash County on Sunday, prompting officials to temporarily close the road.
- Officials: No Powerball winner, jackpot swells to $650M
Powerball officials say there was no grand prize winner in the latest drawing, meaning one of the nation's largest lottery jackpots will continue growing.
- The Latest: About 20 protesters linger near Dallas cemetery
The Latest on a conservative rally and counterdemonstration in Boston and around the country (all times local):
- Researchers find wreckage of WWII-era USS Indianapolis
Civilian researchers say they have located the wreck of the USS Indianapolis, the World War II heavy cruiser that played a critical role in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima before being struck by Japanese torpedoes.
- Five cars involved in alcohol-related wreck on US 70
A serious wreck involving five cars shut down U.S. Highway 70 near Cheek Road Saturday night around 9 p.m.
- Iraq launches operation to take back IS-held town near Mosul
- 100 gas tanks: Extremists in Spain planned massive attack
- Massive counterprotest upstages Boston "free speech rally"
- Charlottesville mayor calls for swift removal of Lee statue
- Former soldier sentenced for videotaping rape of 2-year-old
- View More »
- Want to help scientists during the solar eclipse? Check out these 5 eclipse-related citizen science projects
- Wake libraries solar eclipse events fill up, county park victim of recalled eclipse glasses
- Watch It: Star of Theatre Raleigh's 'The Secret Garden' sings 'I Heard Someone Crying'
- Recipe: Chocolate eclair cake
- Destination: Threads of Experience gallery at N.C. Museum of Art's African Art exhibit
- View More »
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,425.55||-4.46 (-0.18%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.07||-0.62 (-1.27%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||122.30||-0.19 (-0.16%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.