NCAA gives NC final notice about HB2
The NCAA gave North Carolina one last warning Thursday about the need for the state to repeal a law on LGBT rights or face being blackballed from hosting collegiate athletic championships for six years.
- Obamacare repeal vote put off in stinging setback for Trump
After seven years of fervent promises to repeal and replace "Obamacare," President Donald Trump and GOP congressional leaders buckled at a moment of truth Thursday, putting off a planned showdown vote in a stinging setback for the young administration.
- 4 new flu deaths reported last week in NC
Four new flu deaths were reported in North Carolina last week, bringing the total number of deaths this flu season to 126, according to the North Carolina Department of Health.
- Friend: 17-year-old Durham inmate was 'in good spirits' before suicide
A 17-year-old girl in the Durham County Detention Center on murder charges in a 2016 shooting killed herself early Thursday morning, according to the sheriff's office.
- Community rallies around beloved store clerk during cancer battle
For nearly 20 years, Emil Farag greeted customers at a Kroger on Six Forks Road in Raleigh with a familiar grin and a familiar phrase. "He would say, 'Hello my angel. Hello my brother,'" Vanessa Jeter said.
- Raeford infant sustains severe facial injuries after dog bite
A Hoke County infant sustained severe injuries to the face following a dog bite.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,345.96||-2.49 (-0.11%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.28||-0.95 (-1.93%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||118.67||-0.16 (-0.13%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- James Corden felt a 'long way from home' amid London attack
- Weekend best bets: St. Paddy's Day 8K, Clouds Brewing anniversary
- Former Boston drummer Sib Hashian dies at age 67 on cruise
- Dylan gives rare interview, talks Sinatra, Elvis
- Mickey vs. the tax man: Disney, Universal fight tax bills
- View More »
- Easter Bunny Express planned at state transportation museum
- Weekend Plans: Harlem Globetrotters, Easter Bunny visits, family theater, more
- Groups line up Easter egg hunts for kids with special needs
- Tweetsie Railroad celebrates 60th season in 2017
- Blast from past: First grade library card returned to Raleigh principal
- View More »