East Carolina undergrad credits community college for academic success
La'Quon Rogers was offered academic scholarships to a number of four-year colleges, but chose to attend Pitt Community College in the Greenville area.
- Chief: Cary officer shot, killed burglary suspect in self-defense
A Cary police officer saw a burglary suspect fire a gun as he was being taken into custody early Sunday, so he returned fire, killing the man, Police Chief Tony Godwin said Monday.
- Former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega dies at 83
Former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega, a onetime U.S. ally who was ousted as Panama's dictator by an American invasion in 1989, died late Monday at age 83.
- Mom considers lawsuit over insulting yearbook quote
A high school yearbook is raising concerns for drug, alcohol and race reference as well as insults written under senior photos.
- Miss. teen: He 'loved me enough to take some bullets for me'
It was after midnight when a gunman burst into the living room of a southern Mississippi home where young people were playing video games.
- Raleigh lecturer tells stories of Sir Walter Raleigh
Did Sir Walter Raleigh, as the oft-told story goes, really lay his expensive cloak across a mud puddle to keep Queen Elizabeth from getting her feet dirty? Or has history now relegated that once-great moment in chivalry to more of a great moment in fallacy?
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,415.82||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||49.67||+0.19 (+0.38%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||120.54||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Police: Tiger Woods arrested in Florida on DUI charge
- Gold: Stanley Cup finals littered with Canes connections
- Tudor: Baseball title game loss caps bleak phase for ECU teams
- UNC earns No. 2 seed; NC State travels to Kentucky in NCAA Tourney
- Harper, Strickland trade punches, Nationals beat Giants 3-0
- View More »
- How Hollywood is giving its biggest stars digital facelifts
- Bruce Springsteen surprises audience at Van Zandt concert
- John Boyega says Finn is 'now a big deal' in new Star Wars film 'The Last Jedi'
- Opera house undergoes $18M renovation in its 150th year
- A fan remembers Gregg Allman's life-affirming sound
- View More »