Lawmakers to hold hearings in advance of redistricting session
Lawmakers will hold hearings on how they should redraw the state's congressional districts if the U.S. Supreme Court does not stay a lower court order.
- Deadly DWI crash resonates among Chapel Hill bar employees
A popular Chapel Hill bar, He's Not Here, won't be serving this weekend. The establishment is closed for three weeks, part of a punishment for serving 20-year-old Chandler Kania, who stands accused of the deaths of three people in a drunk driving collision.
- Near-death experience gives former officer new outlook on life
During a routine traffic stop on Interstate 95 on Nov. 17, 2010, a suspect opened fire, shooting John Taylor--a former Roanoke Rapids police officer--multiple times.
- OK Go's anti-gravity video a creative use of zero G flight
OK Go is known for innovative music videos built around a meticulous planned continuous shot. The video released Thursday for "Upside Down and Inside Out" is no different.
- Letang scores in shootout to lift Pens over Hurricanes 2-1
Kris Letang scored for Pittsburgh on the final shot of a shootout, and that spoiled the Carolina Hurricanes' reunion party Friday night.
- Medical examiner details North Hills mom's fatal injuries; state rests case
The medical examiner who conducted the autopsy on a woman murdered in her North Hills apartment two years ago said during her testimony on Friday that it could have taken several minutes to an hour for the 30-year-old to die from her injuries.
- Big changes coming to the SAT; new test debuts in March
- Rock 'n' Roll 5K will run through Dix park
- Fayetteville police charge man in 2001 sex assault, robbery
- 'Extensive' project to repair Chatham County sinkhole to begin in March
- Fayetteville man charged with sex offense involving 11-year-old
- View More »
- Brownlow: ACC gives you something to love on Valentine's Day weekend
- 10 years later, Brind'Amour cherishes lone Stanley Cup championship
- Payne: Williams' collapse helps reset UNC's season upright
- 2006 Stanley Cup champs remember in their own words
- ACC announces conference opponents for next two years
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,864.78||+35.70 (+1.95%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||25.21||-0.72 (-2.78%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||118.36||-0.70 (-0.59%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com
- Smithsonian giving visitors a virtual look inside Apollo 11
- Flint crisis may help governor ease GOP doubt on Detroit aid
- FBI: No rigged explosives found at site of Oregon standoff
- Massive gas leak plugged; residents seek return to normal
- WHO: Zika vaccines at least 18 months away from broad trials
- View More »