AP Exclusive: Price tag of North Carolina's LGBT law: $3.76B
Despite Republican assurances that North Carolina's "bathroom bill" isn't hurting the economy, the law limiting LGBT protections will cost the state more than $3.76 billion in lost business over a dozen years, according to an Associated Press analysis.
- One Matthew was enough: Officials take name off Atlantic hurricane list
The World Meteorological Organization on Monday retired Matthew and Otto as Atlantic storm names.
- 3 troopers on leave following North Carolina shooting
Three North Carolina Highway Patrol troopers are on leave while state police investigate the shooting of a man during a confrontation following an attempted traffic stop.
- Panthers counter report that team could be sold
With Carolina Panthers' owner Jerry Richardson on the outs with his sons and growing older, rumors resurfaced Monday that he would sell the team.
- Officials: Body found in Lake Michie is 76-year-old man
Authorities have identified the body as 76-year-old Harold Huston Wood of Hillsborough.
- Oklahoma police officer dies after traffic-stop shooting
A 22-year-old officer and new recruit died Monday morning after a shootout with a man who fled a traffic stop in central Oklahoma, police said.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,339.85||-4.13 (-0.18%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.26||-0.09 (-0.19%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||119.53||+0.67 (+0.56%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Authorities: Pittsboro woman claimed identity theft to get out of parking tickets
- 'Still one of us': 92-year-old Fayetteville man gets Purple Heart from WWII
- Sister: Durham inmate who allegedly committed suicide 'really loved life'
- Fire chief: Clubhouse at Raleigh apartment complex is a 'total loss'
- Firefighters concerned about conditions at Bragg station
- View More »
- Dems force 1-week delay on panel vote on Supreme Court pick
- Q&A: Who'd gain from a Trump border wall? Hint: Not Mexico
- Police: 'No apparent reason' for shooting on Vegas Strip bus
- California slaying victims are mom, 2 kids and another woman
- Bitter GOP finger-pointing clouds path for Trump agenda
- View More »