Get your home ready for Carolina Hurricanes opener
Late summer and early fall usher in hurricane season across the east coast; and in North Carolina, they also usher in the Carolina Hurricanes season.
- Friends plead for driver caution following death of Cary cyclist
Officials with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said 36-year-old Jason Markley was struck by a car at about 6:30 a.m. Friday on NC-751 near Luther Road. As Markley attempted to make a left turn, the driver of a Chevrolet Pickup struck him from behind.
- Slippery slope: Study finds little lies lead to bigger ones
Telling little fibs leads down a slippery slope to bigger lies -- and our brains adapt to escalating dishonesty, which makes deceit easier, a new study shows.
- Multiple people arrested after Johnston County officer-involved shooting
Authorities arrested multiple people early Tuesday morning following an officer-involved shooting in Johnston County.
- Man charged in I-440 wrong-way crash had previous DWI conviction
The driver charged with killing a man in a Sunday night crash on Interstate 440 in Raleigh had been convicted once before of driving while impaired, according to jail records.
- Obama health plan hit by double-digit premium hikes
Premiums will go up sharply next year under President Barack Obama's health care law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer, the administration confirmed Monday. That's sure to stoke another "Obamacare" controversy days before a presidential election.
- Bill Clinton, Warren, Dean in NC campaigning Tuesday
- Main Street, N.C.: Vets expect much of next commander in chief
- DOT: Hundreds of roads still closed due to Hurricane Matthew
- Warrant: Capital Boulevard shooting was drug deal gone wrong
- Wake early voting numbers up despite fewer polling places
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,151.33||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||48.15||+0.07 (+0.15%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||120.56||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.