Wake welcomes 159,000 students to 177 schools
An estimated 159,000 students in Wake County will return to school on Monday morning.
- 16 Triangle events to check out this week
Our fun picks will help you get through a long work week.
- 'There's ice on the roads': Wake students plead for snow day
It's the first day back to school and some Wake County students are already hoping for a snow day.
- Bladen County packing plant evacuated, 7 treated after chemicals interact
Authorities in North Carolina say seven workers were treated at a hospital for minor injuries and several nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution after cleaning chemicals interacted at a meat packing plant in the community of Tar Heel south of Fayetteville.
- Lanes reopen after pedestrian fatality closes US-70 E in Durham
Lanes reopened on US-70 Eastbound at Cheek Road Monday morning after a pedestrian was struck and killed.
- CBC OPINION
Editorial: Reality is 'average' teacher pay bypasses most N.C. teachers
Monday, Aug. 29, 2016: Most teachers don't make $50,000 as campaign rhetoric from Gov. Pat McCrory and GOP legislative leaders about "average" pay might suggest.
- From food shuttle volunteer to staffer, Raleigh mom finds career helping kids
- Many NC students will start the school year with a sub
- NC chapter of NAACP starts 15-stop voter registration drive
- Durham teen who spent months in immigration custody to speak
- Family: Suspect, victim in fatal Fayetteville shooting had history of bad blood
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,177.82||+8.78 (+0.40%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||45.75||+0.47 (+1.04%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||126.13||+0.08 (+0.06%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Kerry Washington: 'Two pregnancies have been very different'
- Cate Blanchett and Josh Groban lead Broadway's fall season
- Drake went in. Rihanna leaned back. Twitter was all over it.
- More than 100 arrested, dozens hurt at Notting Hill Carnival
- Mariah Carey's sister arrested on prostitution charges
- View More »