Military ban on transgender troops lifted by Pentagon
Saying it's the right thing to do, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Thursday that transgender people will be allowed to serve openly in the U.S. military, ending one of the last bans on service in the armed forces.
- House Dems criticize state budget, but many vote for it
The proposed $22.34 billion state budget is one vote away from heading to Gov. Pat McCrory after the House voted 92-23 Thursday for preliminary approval of the spending plan.
- Mother of 3 was among dead in Fayetteville wreck
A cross made of broken limbs and roses marks the spot of a crash at Cliffdale Road and Lynhurst Drive in Fayetteville that left five people dead and at least two others injured Wednesday night.
- CDC: Cleaning systems at Whitewater Center 'inadequate' to kill amoeba
An epidemiologist and infectious disease expert with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday that the cleaning systems used at the U.S. National Whitewater Center in Charlotte were inadequate for killing the brain-eating amoeba found earlier this month.
- Man at center of 'Serial' podcast granted a new trial
After spending 16 years in prison for the killing of his former high school girlfriend, a man at the center of popular podcast "Serial" has a chance at freedom.
- Champion Chanticleers: Coastal Carolina wins CWS vs. Arizona
Coastal Carolina coach Gary Gilmore often said he just wanted his team to reach the College World Series.
- Hungry for more: Food shuttle founder to continue work after retirement
- Man caught on camera stealing from Fayetteville construction site
- 8 Triangle-area Noodles & Company locations hit by customer data breach
- Hit-and-miss storms continue through holiday weekend
- Chatham road closed by large sinkhole scheduled to reopen in July
- View More »
- Fialko: One of the world's best, St. Aug coach Williams also trains the world's elite
- Tudor: Credit NCAA for batting .500 on recent bowl rulings
- Goodell's 2015 salary was a little over $31 million for 2015
- Cam Newton launches new production company
- Gold: The time is now for the Hurricanes
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,098.86||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||45.82||+1.36 (+3.06%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||126.47||+0.63 (+0.50%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Board of Education members approved in joint legislative session
- Joint Base Andrews on lockdown after report of active shooter
- House OKs Farm Act, law enforcement bill
- Baby Makes 3: New Triangle-based show helps expectant parents create nurseries
- Destination: American Adventure at the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences
- Recipe: Watermelon, peach, tomato and feta salad
- You're invited! Come to Go Ask Mom's free event at North Hills Tuesday
- Weekend Plans July 4 Edition: Fireworks, parades, Eno festival
- View More »