One man was killed Friday following a boating accident on Holt Lake near Four Oaks on Friday afternoon.
WRAL Balloon Fest lights up Fuquay-Varina skies
Fuquay-Varina welcomed the start of Memorial Day weekend on Friday as a dozen hot air balloons illuminated the night to the sound of music.
- I-40 billboard links 9/11 attacks to travel ban
The billboard sits along busy Interstate 40, sharing its message with thousands of people each day. "Why support President Trump's immigration ban? 19 Muslim immigrants killed 2977 Americans," it says.
- Rain could put a damper on day 2 of the WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest
Skies should be clear as balloons take to the sky Saturday morning for the second day of the WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest, but the threat of rain could put a damper on evening events.
- Visitors, bystanders warn residents of Raleigh apartment fire
Multiple fire departments responded to a fire Friday at an apartment complex on Prince George Lane in north Raleigh.
- Ex-Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in 1980s
A Texas nurse who is in prison for the 1982 killing of a toddler has been charged with murder in the death of an infant a year earlier, and authorities said Friday that they think she may have killed up to 60 young children around that time.
- 'We're going to stand strong:' Princeville firefighters donate truck to Autryville
The Town of Princeville is still recovering from Hurricane Matthew, but that's not stopping the fire department from coming to the aid of another fire department in need.
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,415.82||+0.75 (+0.03%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||51.24||-0.72 (-1.39%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||120.54||+1.06 (+0.89%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Carter national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski dies
- New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns among activists
- Fallen Navy pilot's children hug as remains brought home
- Trump 'evolving' on climate action, pressured by Europeans
- Next for Montana's new congressman: Day in court, then DC
- View More »