Middle Creek, Wake Forest set for east regional final showdown
Middle Creek and Wake Forest have combined for a 28-0 record this year, but only one will continue its perfect season after Friday's N.C. High School Athletic Association 4AA East Regional Final.
- Durham apartment building fire determined accidental; no injuries reported
Fire broke out late Friday morning at a three-story apartment building off University Drive in southwest Durham, officials said.
- Family of Fayetteville domestic violence victim: 'Who was right, wrong doesn't matter'
The family of a Fayetteville woman who was stabbed to death by her boyfriend Wednesday night said Friday that they don't blame him for the attack, and they hope police video of the crime scene, including officers fatally shooting the boyfriend, is never released.
- McCrory calls special session, ignores pleas to limit purposes
Gov. Pat McCrory has called a special legislative session for disaster recovery and other matters. Members of both parties occupying statewide elected offices had urged Gov. Pat McCrory to limit the session to just Hurricane and wildfire relief.
- NC Supreme Court withdraws fill-in justice rule
The North Carolina Supreme Court has withdrawn a rule that would have allowed it to appoint former members in order to avoid deadlocks on certain cases.
- Out with the old: Raleigh iconic vintage shop set to move
The saying "out with the old and in with the new" applies to a Raleigh vintage shop in more ways than one.
- NC court backs decision against home insurance rate increase
- Police: Louisburg man punched cashier after argument at Wake Forest Home Depot
- Durham police seek puppy stolen out of pickup truck
- Three days after Sanford parade shooting, victim says he wasn't the target
- Triangle Foodie News: Chopt opens in Cameron Village
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,259.53||+13.34 (+0.59%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||50.04||-0.18 (-0.36%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||110.40||-1.17 (-1.05%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Ho ho ho! Merry ripoff! Take some precautions in a season of fraud
- GOP's 'Obamacare' repeal path worries health care industry
- 5 tips to help refrain from overeating this holiday season
- With hectic holidays here, doctors say to prioritize sleep
- Group works to reunite pets, owners after Tennessee fires
- View More »