How to view the solar eclipse: What you'll see, where and when
When the moon blocks the sun on Aug. 21, all eyes will be on the sky. Here's what you'll see, depending on where you are.
- Durham County Sheriff's Office criticized for how it handled rumored KKK rally
The Durham County Sheriff's Office on Sunday responded to social media backlash concerning the way they handled the possibility of a white supremacist rally in the city on Friday.
- Jerry Lewis, comedy icon and telethon host dies, at 91
Jerry Lewis, the manic, rubber-faced showman who jumped and hollered to fame in a lucrative partnership with Dean Martin, settled down to become a self-conscious screen auteur and found an even greater following as the tireless, teary host of the annual muscular dystrophy telethons, has died. He was 91.
- 10 sailors missing in collision between US warship, tanker
Ten U.S. sailors are missing after a collision between the USS John S. McCain and a tanker early Monday east of Singapore, the second accident involving a ship from the Navy's 7th Fleet in the Pacific in two months.
- Raleigh native Webb Simpson finishes third at Wyndham, winner Henrik Stenson sets scoring record
Henrik Stenson won the Wyndham Championship on Sunday, closing with a 6-under 64 for a one-stroke victory in the final event of the PGA Tour regular season.
- Fishel: I can't fully comprehend what I am about to see
Monday is going to be an incredible day, and I will make every possible effort to share as much of my experience with you as humanly possible.
- North Carolina dominates in Little League World Series, 15-0 in 5 innings
- Clemson's Doc Redman makes big late rally to win US Amateur
- First-place Bulls begin final homestand Monday
- Snell shuts down Mariners; Rays hit 2 homers in 3-0 win
- America still in turmoil a year after Kaepernick's protest
- View More »
- New hair salon caters to kids, including those with special needs
- How to: Make your own pinhole viewer to catch Monday's eclipse
- Want to help scientists during the solar eclipse? Check out these 5 eclipse-related citizen science projects
- Wake libraries solar eclipse events fill up, county park victim of recalled eclipse glasses
- Watch It: Star of Theatre Raleigh's 'The Secret Garden' sings 'I Heard Someone Crying'
- View More »
- Sex offenders can live next door to victims in many states
- Attack victims came from around world to celebrate Barcelona
- Schools in eclipse's path seize on ready-made science lesson
- DNA lab reduces testing for missing people amid funding woes
- McCain completes round of radiation, chemo for brain cancer
- View More »
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,425.55||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.07||-0.62 (-1.27%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||122.30||-0.19 (-0.16%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.