United Way loses its ranking as America's largest charity
United Way, ranked as America's largest charity for all but one of the past 25 years, has been emphatically knocked from that spot by Fidelity Charitable, the leader of a rapidly growing philanthropic sector that is transforming the way many Americans give.
- Trump targets Bill Clinton ; Michelle Obama boosts Hillary
Seeking to lash Hillary Clinton to her husband's sprawling post-presidential empire, Donald Trump accused the couple of turning to corruption to enrich themselves while in public service. Michelle Obama boosted Clinton at a North Carolina rally, meanwhile, as the candidate cheered her on.
- Wake voters to decide on transit tax
Wake County voters will decide this fall if they want to raise local sales taxes by a half-cent to help pay for a $2.3 billion plan that expands public bus and train services.
- Report: Wildlife populations halved on average since '70s
Global wildlife populations have fallen an average of 58 percent from 1970 levels, with human activity reducing the numbers of elephants in Tanzania, maned wolves in Brazil, salamanders in the United States and orcas in the waters of Europe, researchers say.
- Wake woman charged with manslaughter after father dies
A woman charged in March with assault following a domestic incident in Cary involving her boyfriend and her father has been indicted on a charge of involuntary manslaughter after her father died of his injuries.
- Wegmans announces plans for Raleigh location
Wegmans, the family-owned N.Y.-based grocery chain, announced plans today for a Raleigh location. This is in addition to the sites planned for Chapel Hill and Cary. Read on for the location and details.
|▼S&P 500||2,133.04||-6.39 (-0.30%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||46.96||-0.87 (-1.82%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||121.01||+0.22 (+0.18%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- MomsRising: Celebrate voting as a family Saturday at Durham event
- Weekend Plans: Halloween events, Christmas shows, fall fun
- Missing Laurel Hills' wooden castle playground? Check Apex's Kelly Road Park
- Flyleaf hosts acclaimed middle grade authors, new books
- Campaign gives parents, teens hard, shocking facts to curb underage drinking
- View More »
- How energy-efficient upgrades can increase your home's value
- Cookies for breakfast? There's going to be a Girl Scout cookie cereal next year
- Cranberries squashed as folk remedy for urinary infections
- Election year fatigue? Blame it in part on the race of 1840
- 10 habits you don't realize will ruin your marriage
- View More »