18 dead amid reported tornadoes, other storms in the South
A severe storm system that spun off apparent tornadoes and left scattered destruction around the Southeast has claimed at least 18 lives on a two-day sweep across the region, authorities said.
- Trump, amid combative start, pledges to rise to moment
After a combative start to his presidency, Donald Trump delivered a more unifying message Sunday and sought to reassure Americans he was ready to begin governing a divided nation.
- Ground stop lifted for United Airlines flights
United Airlines grounded all domestic flights Sunday night because of a computer outage, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
- North Carolina legislature to feature clashes with governor
After a two-week hiatus, the North Carolina General Assembly returns Wednesday to begin its two-year session in earnest, with Republican leaders already at odds with Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper.
- 1 dead, multiple injured San Antonio shopping mall shooting
A robbery inside a San Antonio shopping mall ended with shots fired on Sunday, leaving one person who tried to intervene dead, three others shot and another two people taken to hospital with non-shooting injuries, police and fire officials said.
- Missile failure off Florida? British leader won't say
The British government is being accused of concealing the failure of an unarmed ballistic missile launch ahead of a debate in Parliament over whether to refurbish the country's aging Trident nuclear launching system.
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,271.31||+7.62 (+0.34%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||51.45||-0.77 (-1.47%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||115.05||+0.28 (+0.24%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Payne: Jefferson return is difference as Duke beats Miami
- Super Falcons: Atlanta routs Packers 44-21 for NFC title
- ACC Panic Room: Deacs out-hustle Pack, benching sparks Duke
- Person made NC State commitment to grandmother in her final moments
- Conference championships open with high-scoring matchup
- View More »
- McCrory didn't hand over social media keys to Cooper
- Weekly Wrap: Beginnings and no endings
- Court battle over NC education powers to take place in June
- Cooper blocks bonus payment to outgoing McCrory administration officials
- NC veterans will escort Vietnam War helicopters through Inaugural Parade
- View More »