Attorneys for an Army general charged with sexual assault said Tuesday that they have decided to try to renegotiate a plea bargain with a new set of military officials after the judge determined that the case may have been improperly influenced by political concerns from the Pentagon.
Plea deal offered in Abaroa case, sources say
Sources said Tuesday a plea deal has been offered to Raven Abaroa, whose first-degree murder trial in the death of his wife ended in a mistrial last summer when a Durham jury deadlocked 11-1 in favor of a guilty verdict.
- Hunt for missing jet widens to distant waters
Authorities are expanding their search for a missing Malaysia Airlines plane to the Malacca Strait, far from its last confirmed location, the airline said Tuesday, injecting new mystery into an investigation that so far has failed to come up with any answers.
- Cumberland school board to debate tenure law Tuesday
Members of the Cumberland County Board of Education will decide Tuesday evening whether they will become the next group to speak out against a new law that offers bonuses to top teachers who give up their tenure rights.
- Airmen train while future at Bragg debated
While their future is debated at the Pentagon and on Capitol Hill, members of the 440th Airlift Wing trained Monday to remain ready for action.
- Pittsboro still undecided on Chatham Park
Residents packed the Pittsboro Board of Commissioners meeting Monday night to hear the body review recommendations from an independent consultant regarding a controversial development project that would change the face of the small Chatham County town.
- Lawmaker seeks to legalize marijuana oil for NC children with severe epilepsy
A state lawmaker is coming to the aid of North Carolina families desperate for help because their children suffer debilitating seizures.
- National College Fair stops in Raleigh Tuesday
- Negotiations begin in earnest for Dorothea Dix property
- Forensic dentist: Teghan Skiba had 66 bite marks covering body
- Raleigh man pleads not guilty in fatal 2013 St. Patrick's Day DWI collision
- McCrory: 'Keep politics out' of coal ash decision
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,879.51||+2.34 (+0.12%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||104.48||-0.50 (-0.48%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||129.81||+0.68 (+0.53%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.