Police are searching for a man who pointed a gun at a woman and children at a Durham store before attempting to steal their car with a child still inside.
Community college students dodge debt of 4-year college students
An Association of Community College Trustees study showed only 17 percent of community college students take out federal loans.
- Bill to loosen billboard rules fails in NC House
In a sudden defeat for a leading House member, the chamber on Monday defeated a proposal to loosen restrictions on billboards.
- Police: Girl's actions caused her to fall from NY park ride
A teenage girl's actions, not mechanical malfunctions, caused her to slip under a restraining bar on an amusement park gondola ride before falling into the arms of bystanders below, police said Monday.
- Consent or no, woman says Bragg soldier sexually assaulted her
Police said they found no evidence to charge a Fort Bragg soldier with sexual assault following a January incident that has led to four other soldiers facing secret peeping charges.
- End of an era: Fuquay-Varina latest to slam the door on school lockers
Fuquay-Varina High School is ready to get rid of lockers. Students say they're no longer cool, and school leaders say they're just taking up space. Out of the 2,250 students at the school, officials say only nine still use lockers
- These senators will make or break the GOP's health care push
President Donald Trump's campaign promise to repeal and replace "Obamacare" is now in the hands of a key group of GOP senators who are opposing —or not yet supporting — legislation Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is pushing to bring to a vote this week.
- NC Republicans seek to redraw judicial maps
- Budget language targets court fee waivers for poor defendants
- Virginia's GOP budget writers are worried about the Obamacare repeal bill. Should N.C.'s be?
- Auditor fires back at ag commissioner over milk inspections
- Domestic violence homicide measure heads to Cooper
- View More »
- 4 costs you haven't factored into your homebuying budget
- Q&A: Murkiness follows Supreme Court's action on travel ban
- On average one child dies every nine days in hot cars
- Experts say Affordable Care Act has helped people avoid bankruptcy
- Families split by US-Mexico border were able to meet, hug during 4-minute visit
- View More »
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,439.07||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||43.14||+0.12 (+0.28%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||118.36||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.