The Latest: Matthew becomes a hurricane in Caribbean
The Latest on Hurricane Matthew in the Caribbean (all times local):
- 1 dead, over 100 hurt in train crash at New Jersey station
A rush-hour commuter train crashed through a barrier at the busy Hoboken station and lurched across the waiting area Thursday morning, killing one person and injuring more than 100 others in a grisly wreck that renewed questions about whether long-delayed automated safety technology could have prevented tragedy.
- December trial set in alleged UNC sex assault
A University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill football player faces a Dec. 5 trial on charges he sexually assaulted another student.
- More audio released in fatal police shooting of black man
A Charlotte, North Carolina, police officer calls for backup, saying he has spotted a man with a gun and a marijuana joint in his SUV. In follow-up radio traffic, the officer says a suspect has been wounded and is lying on the ground.
- People or polls: Trump campaign can claim debate victory
One quick scroll through Twitter would show something different than what's being reported in the mainstream media. On Tuesday morning, the top phrase trending across the United States was the simple hashtag, #TrumpWon.
- Judge again OKs evidence for fatal I-85 crash trial
A judge ruled Thursday that blood-alcohol and cellphone evidence can be introduced in the trial of a former University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill student accused of killing three people a year ago in a wrong-way collision on Interstate 85.
- Police: 33-year-old man shot, killed at Sanford home
- Gun rights group raffles rifle, picture of Hillary Clinton
- Novo Nordisk: Clayton expansion proceeds, no NC layoffs despite cost cuts
- Wide Open Bluegrass adds more family fun, to feature Wake Forest sisters
- Missing Catawba County girl found safe near home
- View More »
- More than another call: Chief talks about school shooting
- Rescue at sea turns new attention on unsolved 2013 killing
- Teen's mother 'shocked and saddened' by school shooting
- Early votes: High interest buoys Clinton in key states
- House lawmakers heap blistering criticism on Wells Fargo CEO
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,151.13||-20.24 (-0.93%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||42.21||-0.09 (-0.21%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||126.07||-0.15 (-0.12%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.