Grief counselors will be on hand Monday for the first day of school at Gravelly Hill Middle School in Efland. They'll be available to talk to students, teachers and staff struggling with the death Friday of Frederick Seymour, 13, a rising eighth grader.
Holden Beach 10-year-old uses popcorn business to buy Christmas gifts for other kids
Pink lemonade, smoky barbecue, birthday cake, southern butter pecan and ranch are only a few of the 30-plus flavors of popcorn offered by 10-year-old Mason Marshall.
- US: Clinton calendars won't be released until after election
Seven months after a federal judge ordered the State Department to begin releasing monthly batches of the detailed daily schedules showing meetings by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, the government told The Associated Press it won't finish the job before Election Day.
- 43-year-old pedestrian struck, killed while walking on I-40W
A pedestrian walking on Interstate 40 westbound on Friday night was struck and killed by a vehicle, officials said.
- HighSchoolOT: Big wins for Garner, Leesville Road, Heritage in Week 2
- Fort Bragg launches program to reduce aggressive driving
Officials at Fort Bragg say they're expanding a driver improvement program aimed at cutting down on aggressive and dangerous driving on post.
- Man faces 2 capital murder charges in Mississippi nun deaths
A man suspected in the slayings of two Mississippi nuns who were found dead inside a residence within the community they served has been arrested and charged with two counts of capital murder, Mississippi authorities said.
- McCrory, Cooper battle for law enforcement backing
- Mike Pence coming back to Winston-Salem next week
- Fees grow faster than nest egg in NC employees' pension fund
- Raleigh nonprofit hopes 'pay what you want' pop-ups can help people get healthy meals
- Disney movie magic comes to life for Durham man
- View More »
- Nevada becomes one of Trump's big hopes for swing state win
- Clinton receives first intelligence briefing as nominee
- Officials: Zika spread through sex by man with no symptoms
- Dozens treated as heroin overdose spikes hit several states
- In wake of cousin's fatal shooting, Dwyane Wade speaks out
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,169.04||-3.43 (-0.16%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||45.28||+0.03 (+0.07%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||126.05||-0.18 (-0.14%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.