Wake Forest outlasts Middle Creek 20-17 in OT to advance to 4AA championship
As expected, top seeds Middle Creek and Wake Forest locked into a heavyweight battle Friday for the right to go to the 4AA state title game. When the dust settled, it was Wake Forest that moved on with a 20-17 overtime win.
- State panel recommends DA investigate Durham charter school diplomas
School officials at Kestrel Heights, a charter school in Durham, said at least 53 students over the past three years received diplomas they didn't earn.
- Post-election, Trump closes companies tied to Saudi Arabia
President-elect Donald Trump shut down some of his companies in the days after the election, including four that appeared connected to a possible Saudi Arabia business venture, according to corporate registrations in Delaware.
- Durham apartment building fire determined accidental; no injuries reported
Fire broke out late Friday morning at a three-story apartment building off University Drive in southwest Durham, officials said.
- WRAL's 28th Annual Coats For The Children Telethon raises $118,500
WRAL's 28th Annual Coats for the Children Telethon on Dec. 9 raised $118,500 for the Salvation Army.
- Obama orders review of election-season hacking
President Barack Obama has ordered intelligence officials to conduct a broad review of election-season cyberattacks, including the email hacks that rattled the presidential campaign and raised fresh concerns about Russia's meddling in U.S. elections, the White House said Friday.
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,259.53||+13.34 (+0.59%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||50.04||-0.18 (-0.36%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||110.40||-1.17 (-1.05%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Patrons use dough to back pizza place targeted by fake news
- The world's oldest known seabird is expecting _ again
- Cooling cap could stop women's hair loss during chemotherapy
- New CDC data understate accidental shooting deaths of kids
- Ho ho ho! Merry ripoff! Take some precautions in a season of fraud
- View More »