CDC: Cleaning systems at Whitewater Center 'inadequate' to kill amoeba
An epidemiologist and infectious disease expert with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday that the cleaning systems used at the U.S. National Whitewater Center in Charlotte were inadequate for killing the brain-eating amoeba found earlier this month.
- Defense attorney says man shouldn't face new trial after Wake prosecutor's misconduct
A man whose conviction was overturned because a Wake County prosecutor withheld evidence should be freed and not have to face a new trial, his former defense attorney said Thursday.
- Man at center of 'Serial' podcast granted a new trial
After spending 16 years in prison for the killing of his former high school girlfriend, a man at the center of popular podcast "Serial" has a chance at freedom.
- You've got no mail: Franklin residents angered after not receiving mail for months
A group of Franklin County residents are upset because they say the U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail to their neighborhood.
- Champion Chanticleers: Coastal Carolina wins CWS vs. Arizona
Coastal Carolina coach Gary Gilmore often said he just wanted his team to reach the College World Series.
- 8 Triangle-area Noodles & Company locations hit by customer data breach
A handful of Triangle-area Noodles & Company locations were among the chain's restaurants affected in a widespread data breach, the company said in a news release.
- Hit-and-miss storms continue through holiday weekend
- Chatham road closed by large sinkhole scheduled to reopen in July
- 16-year-old charged in fatal Raeford shooting arrested in NY
- End of an Era: Last C-130 leaves North Carolina's Pope Field
- Laws encourage alternatives to prison for veterans with PTSD
- View More »
- Boris bows out: UK in shock as Johnson drops leadership bid
- Amid crisis, support grows for Puerto Rico statehood
- Gun shop raffling AR-15 rifle to benefit Orlando victims
- Robber steals presidential coin from oldest US park ranger
- Wildlife officials hunt for bear that killed mountain-biker
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,098.86||+28.09 (+1.36%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||45.82||+1.36 (+3.06%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||126.47||+0.63 (+0.50%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Board of Education members approved in joint legislative session
- Joint Base Andrews on lockdown after report of active shooter
- House OKs Farm Act, law enforcement bill
- You're invited! Come to Go Ask Mom's free event at North Hills Tuesday
- Weekend Plans July 4 Edition: Fireworks, parades, Eno festival
- Family Hike Favorites: Jordan Lake's Seaforth Pond Trail
- Hill Ridge Farms offers July 4 deal
- Pre-Sale Code! Get your tickets now for 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer'
- View More »