A preliminary report on a fatal shooting involving Durham police last week indicates witnesses said the man who was killed had a gun and refused to drop it when officers told him to do so.
South Carolina man indicted for threats against Obama, Trump
A South Carolina man has been charged with threatening then-President Barack Obama and President-elect Donald Trump last year.
- Senators threaten 'consequences' if NC cabinet nominees continue to ignore confirmation process
Military and Veterans Affairs Sec. Larry Hall did not sit for a confirmation hearing Wednesday. Senators say there will be "consequences" if he declines to show up for a third attempt.
- Defense begins case in double murder trial; Holden will not testify
As the state rested its case Wednesday morning in the Nathan Holden double murder trial, Holden told the court he would not testify in his own defense.
- Our TakeThis week in ACC: Carolina tries to hold onto No. 1, Duke plays true rival and more
North Carolina could significantly boost their chances of winning an ACC regular-season crown when it faces Louisville in a top-10 matchup on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Duke travels to Syracuse to face its TRUE rival.
- Question lingers: Who has power over NC public schools?
Lawmakers at a joint appropriations education committee meeting Tuesday asked many questions of state education leaders but hinted at a bigger question: who has authority over the Department of Public Instruction and, more broadly, over all of the state's schools?
- 'Don't go to Cary tomorrow': Man charged with making online threat
A 27-year-old Cary man is facing federal charges after the U.S. Attorney's Office said he threatened to injure people in Cary over the weekend.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,363.03||-2.35 (-0.10%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||53.88||+0.39 (+0.73%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||117.52||-0.23 (-0.20%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
Available SoonDefense expected to present evidence in Holden murder trial
- Senate panel tries again at confirmation hearing
Available SoonWRAL Noon News
- 7-year-old boy meets NBC's Holt after on-air shout out
- First photo and plot details from the upcoming Han Solo film drop on the internet
- Q&A with Executive Chef John May of Piedmont
- 'Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' hits DPAC stage
- Playwright who inspired 'Moonlight' wins PEN award
- View More »
- Americans buy existing homes at fastest pace in a decade
- Study: Technology trouble dents car and truck reliability
- Experts: Science behind 'abortion reversal' is flawed
- 'It saved my life': Talk of Obamacare repeal worries addicts
- A dietitian's advice on how to love, savor and enjoy food without guilt
- View More »