Sky 5's first pilot, Randall Watkins, dies at age 66
Randall Watkins, of Fuquay-Varina, who was the first to pilot WRAL-TV's Sky 5 helicopter, died Thursday.
- Fayetteville PD: Suspect in drive-by shooting 'extremely dangerous'
The Fayetteville Police Department on Friday posted a warning for residents to be on the lookout for a man wanted in a drive-by shooting Wednesday night. Jerome Wayne Jones Jr. is "extremely dangerous," police said.
- Bull City Ciderworks reopens in downtown Durham
In a time when craft beer was booming, John Clowney helped open a cidery.
- UNC grad helping shape future of downtown Durham
Downtown Durham is a little noisy these days. Crews are busy working on projects across the city, including the 27-story One City Center tower.
- Trump campaign chair offers to talk to House panel on Russia
President Donald Trump's former campaign manager, a key figure in investigations into the Trump campaign's ties to Russia, has volunteered to be questioned by lawmakers as part of a House probe of the Kremlin's alleged meddling in the 2016 election.
- Two-lane bridge to Outer Banks to be repaired, not replaced
A two-lane bridge that links central North Carolina to the Outer Banks will not be replaced and instead will get a $16.7 million upgrade.
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,347.07||+1.11 (+0.05%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||48.35||+0.07 (+0.15%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||118.89||+0.22 (+0.18%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Body found behind home of missing Wendell woman after months-long search
- Durham PE teacher wins national award for work with special needs students
- Firefighters reflect on historic Raleigh fire
- Joel Berry's ankle in better shape ahead of Sweet 16
- RDU welcomes new stores, including WRAL Travel Store
- View More »
- Brownlow: The ACC's last hope, North Carolina, tries to stay alive
- Drive Thru Hot Take: Panthers better not screw up draft
- Butler's Lewis ready to face old rival in Sweet 16
- Beard & Brains: UNC looks to advance after near Black Sunday repeat
- Panthers sign RB Jonathan Stewart to one-year contract extension
- View More »