Brother who bought booze for teen who died after leaving crash will not face charges
In investigating the death of Lauren Maria Jenkins, 17, after a car crash at the intersection of Leesville and Oneal roads last month, authorities have found that her older brother bought alcohol for Jenkins and two friends before the accident.
- Confederate 'mega flag' turning heads along I-95 near Fayetteville
As part of its "Flags Across the Carolinas" project, the North Carolina Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans has unveiled a massive confederate flag along Interstate 95 in Cumberland County.
- Apex police investigating 3rd incident involving possible BB gun
The Apex Police Department is asking for the public's help in two incidents involving Apex High School students. According to police, on April 4 and on April 26, between 3 and 3:30 p.m., members of the high school's cross country team were injured by an unknown projectile, possibly a BB from a BB gun, while running.
- Wake schools recommends students steer clear of Netflix show '13 Reasons Why'
Wake County public schools this week joined other systems across the country, recommending that students not watch the new Netflix series, "13 Reasons Why."
- Autism Society of NC applauds Sesame Street for new muppet with autism
After spending nearly half a century on air, the children's program "Sesame Street," welcomed a new muppet to the children's cast in 2017: Julia, a muppet with autism.
- UNC officials release photo of man suspected in library fondling incident
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill officials on Friday released a photo of a man suspected in a fondling incident that happened Thursday morning at Davis Library.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,384.20||-4.57 (-0.19%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.90||-0.73 (-1.47%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||120.77||+0.38 (+0.32%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Attorney: UNC rejects appeal, ending investigation of football player accused of sex assault
- Edgecombe schools close amid remaining flood concerns
- Tempers flare at end of long legislative week
- Just months after Matthew, flooding hits farmers hard again
- Triangle natives among ACC players who could break out during fall camp
- View More »
- FDA approves 1st targeted drug for certain leukemia patients
- Fears of losing pre-existing conditions protection under GOP
- SeaWorld San Diego gets a furry surprise: a baby sea lion
- Virginia company develops virtual reality system to rehab stroke victim
- US facing shortage of yellow fever vaccine for travelers
- View More »