Several hogs were killed early Monday when a tractor-trailer overturned on a rural road in Wayne County, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
High rip current risk in southeastern NC, northeastern SC
The National Weather Service is warning of a high risk of rip currents in northeastern South Carolina into southeastern North Carolina.
- No bull: Durham ranks No. 9 on 'Best Cities for Creatives' list
For a host of reasons, the Bull City is a place so-called "creatives" want to live, says a new survey from financial management firm SmartAsset. Yes, Durham has become a hot high-tech startup hub. But the website notes entertainment and the arts are helping transform the city, too.
- Kraft recalls cheese singles due to choking hazard
Kraft Heinz is recalling 36,000 cases of Kraft Singles because of a possible choke hazard. Read on for the details.
- 1 dead, 9 hurt when bus forces car off the road on I-95 near Benson
One person was killed and nine were injured when a bus collided with a vehicle early Sunday on Interstate 95 near Benson.
- Who wins and loses under Obama's stricter power plant limits
President Barack Obama is mandating even steeper greenhouse gas cuts from U.S. power plants than previously expected, while granting states more time and broader options to comply.
- Gunshot victim involved in single-car accident in Raleigh
Raleigh Emergency Services are responding to a single-car accident on Sunnybrook Road and Woodmeadow Parkway in Raleigh after the car was attempting to transport a gunshot victim to the hospital.
- Norman, Kuechly enter 2015 with long-term money on the line
- Matt Kenseth stretches his fuel and steals a win at Pocono
- What's going on with American Pharoah after Haskell win
- Duke's Sirk hopes short-yardage experience helps as starter
- 4-Star guard Maverick Rowan reclassifies, commits to NC State
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,099.83||-4.01 (-0.19%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||50.50||-0.95 (-1.85%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||104.65||-0.28 (-0.27%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Most picky eating harmless but it can signal emotional woes
- As A-bomb survivors age, Japanese pass storytelling to young
- Hitchhiking robot's cross-country trip in US ends in Philly
- Q&A on possible extradition for dentist who killed lion
- Clinton releases tax, medical records as emails made public
- View More »