The State Bureau of Investigation on Monday evening took control of Hoke County government offices as agents investigated alleged criminal activity.
Former Pinecrest HS resource officer charged with having sex with 16-year-old
A school resource officer at Pincecrest High School is facing several charges after authorities said he had sex with a student.
- Cooper outlines plan to raise NC teacher pay to national average
Gov. Roy Cooper said Monday that his proposed budget will include 5 percent raises for public school teachers in each of the next two years and laid out a plan to bring teacher pay in North Carolina to the national average within five years.
- AR-15 rifle stolen from Chatham County Sheriff's Office vehicle
The Chatham County Sheriff's Office is asking for public assistance after several items were stolen from a law enforcement vehicle Monday.
- Victim's daughters beg deputy after double homicide: 'I don't want to be shot'
Prosecutors played an emotional video in court Monday morning in the trial of Nathan Holden, a 32-year-old man who admits to shooting and killing his in-laws, and pistol whipping his ex-wife in April 2014.
- Police say newly freed gang member killed California officer
A gang member who was recently freed from jail killed his cousin and stole his car Monday then shot and killed a California police officer and wounded his partner before being wounded himself, authorities said.
- Broadway hit 'Hamilton' to play DPAC in 2018
The national tour of the popular musical will play Durham Performing Arts Center in 2018.
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,351.16||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||53.11||-0.03 (-0.06%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||117.68||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Search underway for second suspect in shooting of driver who crashed car into Fayetteville home
- Warm weather could set records, aggravate allergies
- Southbound I-95 reopens near Benson after crash
- Gov. Cooper offers $5,000 reward in Benson missing person case
- Corning to expand NC optical fiber plants
- View More »