Raleigh woman in Nepal 'overwhelmed' by toll of powerful earthquake
After a quiet morning spent on a river in the mountains of Nepal, Raleigh native Jennifer Farrell said flying rocks and boulders were the first sign of trouble as she and her friends drove down a winding mountain road when a 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck the region.
- Mistaken identity causes confusion after Durham crash
A 23-year-old man was killed and a Clayton woman was injured early Saturday when three cars were involved in a wreck in south Durham.
- Costly, controversial: Lawmakers have just months to tame Medicaid beast
Lawmakers say they are committed to changing how the state health insurance program for the poor and disabled operates. But the issue has been out of the limelight so far this session.
- NC Wanted: Family, friends seek answers after teen's murder
A 16-year-old was hospitalized Monday afternoon after he was shot on Dearborn Drive.
- Pictures: Brewgaloo 2015
Brewgaloo, the NC Craft Beer Festival, was presented by Shop Local Raleigh on Saturday, April 25, 2015. The event was held in City Plaza and featured food trucks, love music and local beers.
- Raleigh man climbing on Mt. Everest uninjured in avalanche following earthquake
A Raleigh man attempting to climb to the base camp of Mt. Everest was uninjured Saturday when a massive 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck Nepal, triggering an avalanche on the world's highest peak.
- 'To Kill a Mockingbird' play to go on under Harper Lee group
- Seriously silly, Monty Python reunites for a weekend tribute
- Sawyer Sweeten of 'Everybody Loves Raymond' dies at 19
- Angelina Jolie rips world powers on Syria's refugee crisis
- Triangle Foodie News: Southern Season opening Raleigh location next month
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,117.69||+4.76 (+0.23%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||59.14||+1.05 (+1.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||113.05||-1.61 (-1.40%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.