Bertie Correctional officer's killer assaulted her with fire extinguisher
An inmate who allegedly killed a sergeant at Bertie Correctional Institution on Wednesday was charged Thursday with first-degree murder and moved to Central Prison in Raleigh.
- Confederate 'mega flag' turning heads along I-95 near Fayetteville
As part of its "Flags Across the Carolinas" project, the North Carolina Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans has unveiled a massive confederate flag along Interstate 95 in Cumberland County.
- Construction to close section of Raleigh's Hillsborough Street through weekend
Hillsborough Street between Brooks Avenue and Faircloth Street will be closed beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday with work expected to be complete by 6 a.m. Monday, May 1.
- N. Korean missile test fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch Saturday, South Korea and the United States said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.
- Heat, humidity make for sticky weekend activities
Heat and humidity squatting in North Carolina will make for a sweaty, sticky weekend.
- Wake schools recommends students steer clear of Netflix show '13 Reasons Why'
Wake County public schools this week joined other systems across the country, recommending that students not watch the new Netflix series, "13 Reasons Why."
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,384.20||-4.57 (-0.19%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.90||-0.73 (-1.47%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||120.77||+0.38 (+0.32%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Autism Society of NC applauds Sesame Street for new muppet with autism
- Wayne County officials keeping close eye on Neuse; river expected to crest this weekend
- Attorney: UNC rejects appeal, ending investigation of football player accused of sex assault
- Smithfield man charged with sexually assaulting 4 kids; sheriff says other adults knew about alleged abuse
- UNC officials release photo of man suspected in library fondling incident
- View More »
- Security tight as pope celebrates open-air Mass in Cairo
- Critics question top US prosecutor's style after blunt words
- Arrest made in death of elderly California woman out on walk
- MS-13 street gang grips Long Island suburbs in violence
- Trump tells NRA: 'You have a true friend' in White House
- View More »