Durham police said a man was shot in the face with a flare gun on Tuesday morning after getting into an argument with another man at a Panera Bread.
Newton defends actions after Super Bowl: I will not conform
Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said Tuesday that he's "sore loser," but defended walking out of a press conference after the Super Bowl by saying he didn't feel like talking to the media after Carolina's 24-10 loss to the Denver Broncos.
- Two years later, NC fines Duke for coal ash spill
State environmental regulators have fined Duke Energy more than $6.6 million for a coal ash spill that fouled 70 miles of the Dan River two years ago last week.
- Dump truck overturns on US 70 in Durham; drivers urged to avoid area
A dump truck carrying gravel overturned late Tuesday morning while traveling on U.S. Highway 70 East between the Cheek Road and N.C. Highway 98 exits in Durham, police said.
- Goldsboro school employee struck, killed by daycare bus
A Goldsboro elementary school employee was struck and killed on Tuesday morning by a vehicle in the school's parking lot.
- Jurors hear from Smith during remainder of videotaped interrogation
Jurors in the trial of Travion Smith spent Tuesday morning watching the remainder of a videotaped interview between the defendant and Raleigh police Detective Eric Gibney from May 2013.
- Federal officials say Fayetteville nightclub fire was arson; reward offered
Federal officials announced Tuesday that a September fire that destroyed Maverick's Saloon in Fayetteville was arson, and they released surveillance video of a man seen near the nightclub with a five-gallon can.
- Panthers, Patriots early favorites to win 2017 Super Bowl
- Record $132.5M bet on Super Bowl at Nevada sports books
- QB Newton struggles in 1st Super Bowl, Panthers lose 24-10
- Fulfilling promise to late friend, diehard Panthers fan makes trip to Super Bowl
- Ovies: Super Bowl loss means 'Crying Jordan' for Newton
- View More »
- New England digs out from latest storm; snow in Mid-Atlantic
- Obama sends Congress record $4.1 trillion 2017 spending plan
- US senator calls for investigation of cruise ship in storm
- Alligator thrown in Wendy's drive-thru window in Florida
- Living with people they bite, Zika mosquitoes hard to fight
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,843.72||-9.72 (-0.52%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||29.00||-0.30 (-1.02%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||114.47||+0.64 (+0.56%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.