While delivering an update on recovery efforts, Gov. Pat McCrory said a Kinston man died Thursday as a result of injuries sustained during Hurricane Matthew, bringing the death toll to 28.
Busloads of supplies help Hurricane Matthew victims
Three busses and two trucks piled high with cleaning supplies, canned food, baby essentials and toiletries made their way to eastern North Carolina Thursday to help Hurricane Matthew victims.
- Safe route into Fayetteville neighborhood repaired in record time
The earthen dam has been reinforced and repaired in record time after being damaged by Hurricane Matthew.
- United Way loses its ranking as America's largest charity
United Way, ranked as America's largest charity for all but one of the past 25 years, has been emphatically knocked from that spot by Fidelity Charitable, the leader of a rapidly growing philanthropic sector that is transforming the way many Americans give.
- Homeowner, city seek solutions after 6 cars crash into Raleigh home
At least half a dozen vehicles have crashed into the home at the intersection of Fawn Glen Drive and New Hope Road over the past several years and homeowner Carlo Bernarte wants the state Department of Transportation to fix the problem so he can stop fixing his home.
- Owner of former AT&T building vows to rebuild and find new tenant
Demolition and repairs have already started on the 46,000 square foot building in Goldsboro on Highway 117 South.
- Wake early voting expands to 20 locations
Early voting is now set across all of North Carolina's 100 counties. Here's where Triangle voters can cast their ballots from Oct. 20 through Nov. 5.
|▼S&P 500||2,133.04||-6.39 (-0.30%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||46.96||-0.87 (-1.82%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||121.01||+0.22 (+0.18%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- MomsRising: Celebrate voting as a family Saturday at Durham event
- Weekend Plans: Halloween events, Christmas shows, fall fun
- Missing Laurel Hills' wooden castle playground? Check Apex's Kelly Road Park
- Flyleaf hosts acclaimed middle grade authors, new books
- Campaign gives parents, teens hard, shocking facts to curb underage drinking
- View More »