Demon Deacons' defense aims to slow Wolfpack in ACC matchup
Wake Forest's defense has been good enough to give its offense time to figure some things out after a bumpy start. And that has the Demon Deacons heading into Saturday's game (3:30 p.m. / Mix 101.5) with instate rival North Carolina State near the top of their Atlantic Coast Conference division.
- Governor hopefuls distancing themselves from Clinton, Trump
In West Virginia, the Democrat running for governor has defended the coal industry while decrying his party's presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton.
- Syria to Jordan: A family's tale of fear, flight and finding purpose in helping others
Ned and Marian Walsh of Johnston County traveled to Jordan, a country where he did missionary work as a young man, to aid, teach and share the stories of Syrian refugees - the "collateral damage" of that country's on-going civil war. Ned Walsh wrote this account of one family's story of flight from Syria and the thumb of Bashar al-Assad.
- AP-NORC Poll: Half of Trump backers don't trust vote count
Donald Trump is making the unprecedented assertion that the general election "is going to be rigged," and many people who are drawn to his presidential campaign have major doubts about the accuracy of the Nov. 8 vote.
- NC State students rattled by report of robbery
A North Carolina State University student told campus police she was robbed and stabbed on Friday afternoon in a parking lot near Varsity Drive.
- Duke hosts Virginia, hopes for momentum boost from ND upset
The Blue Devils and Cavaliers both pulled off impressive victories last week. So which team has more momentum now?
- Raleigh's Aspden makes U.S. Swimming history on way to Paralympics, White House
- Wide Open Bluegrass causes road closures in Raleigh
- Syrian refugees find new home, hope in North Carolina
- Carolina Mudcats, Milwaukee Brewers agree on player development contract
- Police body cam legislation not only new NC law
- View More »
- Supreme Court in holding pattern, awaiting ninth justice
- After suspension, what's next for Alabama chief justice?
- Talk of sex tapes takes presidential campaign on sordid turn
- US mood hardens as leader of ally Philippines stokes outrage
- March planned in memory of man shot by police in California
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,168.27||+17.14 (+0.80%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||44.34||+2.13 (+5.05%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||125.64||-0.43 (-0.34%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Prince William and Kate arrive in northern B.C.
- Man who got generations singing Oscar Mayer Wiener song dies
- Triangle Foodie News: Beer Garden opening at Crabtree Valley Mall
- What's new at the State Fair this year? Deep fried Jell-O
- Deepwater Horizon: Good despite the presence of a Wahlberg
- View More »