A Durham police officer was seriously injured early Saturday when her police car was struck by a suspected impaired driver, according to police.
Month by month, here are the stories (maybe) of 2015
Our crystal-ball-gazing reporter sees political intrigue, tax tenseness and more Medicaid mishegas in 2015.
- Scientists target mess from Christmas tree needles
The presents are unwrapped. The children's shrieks of delight are just a memory. Now it's time for another Yuletide tradition: cleaning up the needles that are falling off your Christmas tree.
- Second suspect arrested in Kinston double homicide
The Lenoir County Sheriff's Department on Saturday arrested and charged a second person in connection with the deaths of Paul Brown and his wife Melody.
- Troopers: Slow driver critically injured in I-40 crash
A 22-year-old man was in critical condition Friday night after two vehicles rear-ended him as he drove well below the speed limit on Interstate 40 West on Friday night.
- Café Helios closes after 12 years
A popular coffee shop in Raleigh's Glenwood South entertainment district closed its doors Friday after 12 years.
- Raleigh police: Human remains found in northern Wake County
Police searching for the body of a 2-year-old boy reported missing Wednesday said late Friday that detectives, with assistance from dive crews from Apex, have found human remains in northern Wake County.
- Neighbors give ailing Four Oaks teen NC State man-cave
- Woman's body found in swamp behind Moore County home
- Holiday week marked by several house fires in Fayetteville
- Investigation continues into 2-year-old's suspected death; 911 call released
- Raleigh shoppers delight in after-Christmas sales, returns
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,088.77||+6.89 (+0.33%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||56.90||+1.38 (+2.49%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||114.83||+2.06 (+1.83%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.