The Department of Transportation is considering the change to reduce congestion and create better traffic flow from Interstate 540 in Raleigh to Interstate 85 in Durham.
Friends plead for driver caution following death of Cary cyclist
Officials with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said 36-year-old Jason Markley was struck by a car at about 6:30 a.m. Friday on NC-751 near Luther Road. As Markley attempted to make a left turn, the driver of a Chevrolet Pickup struck him from behind.
- Cathedral will be church home to all of eastern NC
The new home of the Catholic diocese of Raleigh is set to open in July 2017.
- Obama administration confirms double-digit premium hikes
Premiums will go up sharply next year under President Barack Obama's health care law, and many consumers will be down to just one insurer, the administration confirmed Monday. That's sure to stoke another "Obamacare" controversy days before a presidential election.
- Wake early voting numbers up despite fewer polling places
More people voted during the first four days of early voting in Wake County than during the same period four years ago, despite fewer early voting locations being available this year.
- Man shot during Fayetteville home invasion
Fayetteville police said that four men armed with handguns forced open the front door of a home in the 900 block of Waterless Street at about 9:30 p.m.
- Guard seeks federal aid for soldiers told to return bonuses
Members of Congress and veterans leaders on Monday called for federal action to absolve the debts of nearly 10,000 soldiers in California alone who have been ordered by the Pentagon to repay enlistment bonuses a decade after they signed up to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan.
|—S&P 500||2,151.33||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||48.15||+0.07 (+0.15%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||120.56||-0.27 (-0.22%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- One-fourth of US cancer deaths linked with 1 thing: smoking
- Nurse who survived Ebola settles with Texas hospital system
- Lexus, Toyota and Buick top new auto reliability survey
- First transgender soldiers seek formal Army recognition
- General Mills milks Girl Scout Cookie popularity with cereal
- View More »