Fuquay-Varina business owners hope Balloon Fest visitors drift into town
While last year's WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest was a sight to see in Fuquay-Varina, some downtown businesses were left wondering why they didn't see a surge of customers. As Fuquay-Varina prepares to host the event for the second time this weekend, organizers are tweaking festival plans to help local businesses capitalize as tens of thousands of people descend on the areas in and around the festival.
- Manchester police name bomber, hunt for accomplices
Investigators hunted Tuesday for possible accomplices of the suicide bomber who attacked an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, killing 22 people and sparking a stampede of young concertgoers, some still wearing the American pop star's trademark kitten ears and holding pink balloons.
- Franklin DA not seeking death penalty in decapitation case
Franklin County District Attorney Michael Waters said Tuesday that he will not seek the death penalty against a teenager accused of killing and beheading his mother.
- Tir na Nog to close doors again, searching for new location
After finding new life in downtown Raleigh, the Irish pub is closing its doors again and searching for a new location.
- Roger Moore had prouder achievements than playing James Bond
Sir Roger Moore saw more to life than a well-mixed martini.
- North Carolina inmate hospitalized after struggle dies
A North Carolina jail inmate died after being hospitalized Monday when authorities say he refused to cooperate with officers and became unresponsive.
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,398.42||+4.40 (+0.18%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||51.50||+0.63 (+1.24%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||119.14||-0.76 (-0.63%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Neighbor charged in Ohio fire that killed 5 kids, 2 adults
- Police find Nazi items, explosives during murder probe
- Hawaii jet took off with unruly passenger despite red flags
- Expiring law could leave Route 66 towns without key funding
- Graduation day bittersweet for slain black scholar's friends
- View More »
- Cocktails coming to casino nights under House bill
- NC business leaders appeal to Tillis on immigration reform
- Supreme Court rules NC congressional districts gerrymandered
- Budget provision limiting ALE, ABC law enforcement powers 'all politics'
- Tillis back at work day after collapsing during race
- View More »