Downed tree knocks out power to Raleigh neighborhood
Nearly 1,400 people in a Raleigh neighborhood lost power Friday evening after a large tree limb fell on power lines, according to authorities.
- Fore sale: Fuquay homeowners fight to stop golf course closure
Despite a legal setback, some homeowners in Fuquay-Varina say their fight to protect a golf course isn't over.
- Bragg officials: Only booms on Fourth of July will come from fireworks
Preparations were underway Friday as Fort Bragg prepares to welcome as many as 60,000 people for its Fourth of July celebration.
- Conway declares state of emergency
Conway's mayor, Brian Bolton issued a state of emergency Friday due to what he called "recent criminal activity" in the area.
- Garner gets a jump start on Fourth of July celebrations
On Friday, local communities got an early start on the July 4th celebrations- holding festivals with food, fun and fireworks!
- NC film industry hopes state budget brings more funding
People in Wilmington hope the proposed state budget will breathe new life into the area's film industry. The TV series, "Under the Dome," is in production in Wilmington, but several other shows have left the state as tax incentives dried up.
- US airline probe would need proof beyond business as usual
- Officials lift evacuation after Tennessee train derailment
- Analysis: Root of tattered US-Russia ties date back decades
- Greek campaigns, neck and neck, reach dramatic finale
- Solar plane lands in Hawaii after record-breaking flight
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,076.78||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||58.99||-0.48 (-0.81%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||111.76||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- BP to pay record $18.7 billion to states affected by spill
- Durham folk band addresses racism, injustice with song about Charleston
- Charcoal becomes popular feature of beauty products, healthy smoothies
- Russian supply ship launched to International Space Station
- Flags stir intense emotions, but meaning depends on beholder
- View More »