Massive building, more jobs reflect Goodnight's enduring loyalty to home state
Jim Goodnight runs the world's largest privately held software company with more than $3 billion in revenues and operations from China to Latin America. Yet the billionaire founder of SAS continues to invest in jobs and in facilities at the company's Cary headquarters. On Tuesday, he unveiled the latest building - a massive structure named "Q" - and he talked about more jobs. So why build in N.C.? There are many reasons, perhaps none more than old-fashion loyalty.
- Berger backs religious exemptions on marriage
Senate Leader Phil Berger pledged Tuesday to file legislation permitting magistrates and Registers of Deeds to refuse to marry same-sex couples on religious grounds.
- Murder charge dropped against girlfriend in Princeton stabbing death
Johnston County prosecutors have dismissed a second-degree murder charge against Crystal Turner, 27, saying she acted in self-defense when she fatally stabbed her boyfriend early Sunday.
- NC campaign flier has background lynching photo
Neither Republicans nor Democrats say they know anything about fliers on the windshields of cars at a Fayetteville church that included a background photo of a lynching.
- Raleigh non-discrimination policy now addresses transgender workers
The Raleigh City Council on Tuesday unanimously voted to revise the city's non-discrimination policy with language that includes workplace protection of transgender city employees.
- Have you heard: the World Series starts tonight?
The Royals and Giants aren't loaded with household names or even tons of perennial All Star players. But, that doesn't mean it won't be a great World Series.
- WRAL News poll: McCrory approval drags just before 2016 cycle begins
- WRAL News poll: Economy, health care top issues on voters' minds
- Education key issue in Raleigh House race
- Hagan stimulus story hits the ad wars
- Traditional marriage backers urge registers of deeds to follow their conscience
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,941.28||+37.27 (+1.96%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||82.37||-0.82 (-0.99%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||120.02||+0.22 (+0.18%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com