US Supreme Court grapples with complex NC redistricting questions
The eight U.S. Supreme Court justices quizzed lawyers in a long-running North Carolina redistricting case about how to determine if race was used too much in drawing lines and whether the case should even be heard by the court.
- Chief: Police tried to limit Klan parade's time in Roxboro
Police Chief David Hess on Monday defended his department's decision to escort a convoy organized by the Ku Klux Klan through Roxboro, saying officials wanted to get the group out of town as quickly as possible.
- Police: Fake news story led NC gunman to popular DC pizzeria
A fake news story prompted a man to fire a rifle inside a popular Washington, D.C., pizza place as he attempted to "self-investigate" a conspiracy theory that Hillary Clinton was running a child sex ring from there, police said.
- Get used to it: Economists see 'new normal' of slow growth
Americans should get used to a "new normal" of slow economic growth, business economists say.
- Man killed in fiery wreck near Southern Pines
A man was killed early Monday in a single-vehicle crash when his car caught fire.
- Police: Woman assaulted, robbed at McDonald's in Sanford
A woman was injured Tuesday after two men assaulted her and robbed her at gunpoint at a McDonald's restaurant in Sanford.
- Entrepreneur Steve Malik aims to take Triangle soccer to major leagues
- Officials: Large house fire blocks road in Clayton
- Post-flood, preservationists show how to save damaged items
- 1 killed when tractor trailer, pick-up truck collide in Raleigh
- Cooper picks up 3 votes, McCrory loses 1 in Durham recount
- View More »
- US Supreme Court to draw lines on NC gerrymandering case
- Fax doesn't answer key questions in coal ash-drinking water controversy
- McCrory calls special legislative session to address hurricane recovery
- Durham elections board begins recount, which could stretch into Monday
- Weekly Wrap: Election held hostage, Day 24
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,204.61||+12.66 (+0.58%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||50.49||+1.14 (+2.31%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||111.42||-0.72 (-0.64%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.