The 14-year-old victim in a crash that ended a police chase through Wake County Thursday night has died, according to police.
Mike Peterson murder case ending after 15 years
One of the most notorious and longest-running criminal cases in the Triangle is expected to come to a close Friday as Mike Peterson takes a plea in the death of his wife more than 15 years ago.
- Draft Line Brewing to close, Mason Jar taking over
Draft Line Brewing Company is ceasing brewing operations in Fuquay-Varina. The brewery announced on its website that there will be a farewell party on Saturday, April 29.
- Law enforcement officer involved in wreck on I-40 in Raleigh
A law enforcement officer was involved in a wreck Friday morning on Interstate 40 westbound near Interstate 540.
- Granville officer, suspect hurt during Oxford drug arrest and shooting
Officers with the Granville County Drug Unit were involved in a shooting when trying to arrest a suspect wanted on drug charges ina Bojangles' parking lot off United States Highway 15 in Oxford.
- Advocates pan, business leaders praise new HB2 repeal effort
While groups both for and against a state law that limits LGBT rights are openly critical of a bill designed to repeal it, business organizations are hailing the effort as a good way to get North Carolina back on track after months of negative fallout over the law.
- CBC OPINION
Editorial: End the voting rights case appeal, stop legislative leaders' bickering
Friday, Feb. 24, 2017 -- An effort to end the appeal of terrible voting law changes becomes another push for domination between the legislature's GOP leadership and the Democratic governor. Stop the bickering, end the appeal and let a bad law go away.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,357.73||-6.08 (-0.26%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||53.95||+0.47 (+0.88%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||119.58||+0.64 (+0.54%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Opioid addiction newest battle line for many veterans
- Two shot near Hillside High
- 'Everything about this case is heart-breaking;' Holden jury now deliberating
- Police: Theft suspect threatened to stab store employees with needle
- Hoke HR director resigns, sheriff's employee fired amid SBI investigation
- View More »
- Trump speaks at Conservative Political Action Conference LIVE
11aMike Peterson to accept plea in long-running murder case
NoonWRAL Noon News
- Taste of spring: Three Triangle teams have home baseball games this weekend
- No. 18 NC State women roll past rival Tar Heels 80-60
- Gravley: NIT on the right track with basketball rule changes
- Pistons rally from 18 down, beat Hornets 114-108 in OT
- Hamlin spoils Earnhardt return with last-lap pass for win
- View More »
- Thursday Wrap: Legislative drama redux
- Senate committee subpoenas cabinet secretary to testify at confirmation hearing
- Today@NCCapitol (Feb. 23): Once more unto the confirmation hearing, dear friends
- Wednesday Wrap: HB2 upstages confirmation theater
- Bill would lower mandatory school attendance age from 7 to 6
- View More »