With a moment of silence followed by the roar of motorcycles, New York City's gay pride parade kicked off Sunday, a celebration of barriers breached and a remembrance of the lives lost in a shooting at a gay nightclub in Florida.
What to do if you see a pet in a hot car
If you see a pet in a hot car, act quickly to try to locate the owner. He or she is likely in a nearby establishment.
- New Miss North Carolina starts preparing for national pageant
Miss Mecklenburg County, McKenzie Jade Faggart, was crowned the winner of the Miss North Carolina pageant Saturday night.
- MLB puts finishing touches on Fort Bragg baseball field
A weed-infested golf course at Fort Bragg has bloomed into a major league-quality baseball field on the vast U.S. Army post.
- What to expect from Costco switch from American Express to Visa
Costco's new deal with Visa, effective Monday, has numerous benefits for cardholders, such as 4 percent back on gasoline purchases.
- Children found with grandmother in Fayetteville after 5-hour search
A 6-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy reported missing Saturday night in Fayetteville were found safe just before 2 a.m.
- CBC OPINIONEditorial: Gun rights and common sense fire arms safety don't need to conflict
Sunday, June 26, 2016: We need to set aside the overheated rhetoric and use common sense to keep assault-type weapons away from those who seek to harm the innocent; give us safer communities while still assuring law-abiding citizens their Constitutional right to bear arms.
- Cary volunteers escape West Virginia floods unharmed
- Celebration at UNC Hospital helps cancer patients live fuller lives
- 83-year-old drowns in pond across from assisted living facility
- Man with long scruffy beard wanted in Fayetteville robbery
- Of 520 pets rescued from Haven, few are returned to shelters
- View More »
- Primary odd couple pushes to unite Democratic party
- Supreme Court set to close out current term with 3 big cases
- 30 African migrants overcome high border fence, reach Spain
- Italian police capture fugitive mob boss sought for 20 years
- Death toll may rise in destructive California wildfire
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,037.41||-75.91 (-3.59%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||46.16||-0.30 (-0.65%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||126.01||+5.90 (+4.91%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.