Corporate chiefs flee Trump; he disbands WH advisory panels
With corporate chieftains fleeing, President Donald Trump abruptly abolished two of his White House business councils Wednesday — the latest fallout from his combative comments on racially charged violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Officials issue alert for elevated bacteria level at Wrightsville Beach
State officials have issued alerts for two swimming sites in Banks Channel at Wrightsville Beach after finding elevated levels of bacteria.
- Clear the Shelters: Select the perfect pet for your family
WRAL-TV and MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM, in partnership with the Humane Society of the U.S., have teamed up with eight local animal shelters to host Clear the Shelters, the third annual nationwide pet adoption drive.
- Here are the Republicans denouncing Trump by name
Republicans are mixed in their response after President Donald Trump's unpredictable Tuesday news conference, during which he defended white supremacists and blamed "both sides" for violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Bugs, mildew, trash: Raleigh apartment manager says problems will be fixed soon
Stuck-on food, bugs, mildew and trash were just some of the complaints made by residents at the Vie at Raleigh apartment complex in Raleigh when they moved in Tuesday, but the general manager says repairs should be complete by Wednesday evening.
- Coaches, administrators make UNC's case to NCAA behind closed doors
In a hearing years in the making, representatives of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill make their case this week before the NCAA Committee on Infractions, the body that can penalize the university for the years-long academic scandal that tarnished the vaunted "Carolina Way."
- Raleigh rises to No. 4, Durham tumbles in best cities for tech workers survey
- DOT OKs traffic light for troublesome Holly Springs intersection
- Fayetteville police charge woman in critical injury motorcycle crash
- Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week starts Monday
- Raleigh police to carry opioid overdose medication due to rise in deaths
- View More »
- Stout: Top 15 2018 Triangle-area football recruits
- NC State QB Finley, Duke's Jones on Manning Award watch list
- Two NCCU Eagles on Black College Football Player of the Year Award Watch List
- Union appeals Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott's 6-game suspension
- Qualifier Barty knocks out Venus Williams in Cincinnati
- View More »
- Express Scripts to limit opioids; doctors concerned
- Couple's arranged marriage turned into 19-year 'love story'
- The Associated Press' guide to the best free online workouts
- US teen drug overdose deaths inch up after years of decline
- From Isaac Asimov to Aimee Mann, 'robophobia' plagues humans
- View More »
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,468.11||+3.50 (+0.14%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.45||-1.01 (-2.04%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||121.87||+0.89 (+0.74%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.