DC locked down for inauguration
Downtown Washington was wrapped in cement barricades and steel fences Thursday as an extensive security perimeter was erected in advance of President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday.
- Suspect in officer's slaying spews expletives at judge
Hours after a fugitive in the slaying of a police officer told a judge he was brutalized during his arrest, Orlando's police chief released a video of his surrender and described the suspect as "extremely violent, dangerous and very unpredictable."
- Inaugural ball celebrates class president at Raleigh school
On the eve of Donald Trump's inauguration, an inaugural ball swore in newly elected officers for A.B. Combs Elementary School.
- Inaugural cheers, fireworks: Trump sweeps in for his big day
With fireworks heralding his big moment, Donald Trump swept into Washington Thursday on the eve of his presidential inauguration and pledged to unify a nation sorely divided and clamoring for change. The capital braced for an onslaught of crowds and demonstrators — with all the attendant hoopla and hand-wringing.
- NC veterans will escort Vietnam War helicopters through Inaugural Parade
As preparations are finalized for President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday, a group of Vietnam veterans said they are eager for what the next four years brings.
- Questions surround murder of 86-year-old Army veteran
Police say the death of a man found in his apartment in Fayetteville was a homicide. Family members found the body of 86-year-old Gerald Gillespie shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday. Relatives and friends said Thursday that when they had not heard from him, they became worried.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,263.69||-8.20 (-0.36%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||52.22||-0.38 (-0.72%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||114.77||-0.10 (-0.09%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Tillis: Trump wants results, Congress needs to produce
- Fayetteville men charged with statutory rape of 14-year-old
- Durham 911 Center launches photo messaging system for Sprint customers
- All lanes reopen after gas leak shuts down Capital Boulevard in Raleigh
- Electrical, internet problem closes Clayton High School
- View More »
- Uber pays $20 million to settle claims of driver deception
- Doctors consider removing tube for 41st President Bush
- Osama bin Laden worried that Iran put tracking chip in sons
- Jewish centers in several states targeted with bomb threats
- Obama criticizes Congress for refusing to close Cuba prison
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
CompleteSenators consider treasury secretary nominee in confirmation hearing
- Cooper names pair to lead Natural and Cultural Resources
- Committees recommend against new shrimp trawling restrictions
- Butterfield, Adams say they won't attend Trump's inauguration
- NC, federal officials ask judge to lift block on Medicaid expansion
- Court blocks NC Medicaid expansion effort
- View More »