Raleigh homeowners blame city for 'Garage Mahal'
Quaint bungalows line Cole Street in the Glenwood-Brooklyn historic neighborhood near downtown Raleigh, but a 33-foot-tall structure looms over Emily Kissee's backyard.
- Complaints hit accuracy of NC touch-screen voting machines
North Carolina's elections board says it's received a smattering of complaints about electronic voting machines getting things wrong, but nothing outside the norm for a presidential election year.
- Google Fiber halts expansion but 'work will continue' in Triangle, Charlotte
The head of Google Fiber is stepping down and GF is halting plans to expand to other cities. However, GF says construction will continue in metro areas such as the Triangle and Charlotte where "our work with continue," GF's top exec says. Expansion also is still planned in the Triangle beyond Morrisville where service launched in September.
- Police: 34-year-old Fayetteville man charged with statutory rape of teen
Fayetteville police arrested a 34-year-old man in connection to a statutory rape investigation involving a teenager.
- CBC OPINION
Editorial: Vote THEM out to fix our brand, grow NC's economy
Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016 -- As North Carolina's Commerce Secretary says HB2 hasn't had an impact on the state, a business picks Richmond over Charlotte for a new 730-job facility because of the law.
- Trump spends precious campaign time promoting his businesses
Donald Trump's campaign is defending his eyebrow-raising decision to spend precious campaign time promoting his business in the final days of the long presidential campaign as his poll numbers sink.
More Top News
- Trump returning to NC for Charlotte, Kinston events
- NC Museum of Natural Sciences distributes critter cameras
- FEMA works to provide assistance for thousands in Cumberland County
- Man charged in deadly I-440 wrong-way crash could face 17 years in jail
- Opening date in sight for Franklin Medical Center
- View More »
- Guest column: Here comes the hype of college basketball season
- Holliday: Are today's ACC QBs on par with the historical greats?
- Kluber, Perez, Indians beat Cubs 6-0 in World Series opener
- Duke freshman Tatum being evaluated after injuring lower leg
- Larkin leads Red Wings past Hurricanes 4-2
- View More »
- Republicans file State Bar complaint against Cooper
- Bill Clinton: Tell Trump supporters 'we need you'
- Some NC schools could get calendar relief in wake of Hurricane Matthew
- Wake early voting numbers up despite fewer polling places
- Clinton in Raleigh: 'I don't recognize the America my opponent talks about'
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,143.16||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||48.15||+0.07 (+0.15%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||121.47||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.