The Apex Police Department is asking for the public's help in two incidents involving Apex High School students. According to police, on April 4 and on April 26, between 3 and 3:30 p.m., members of the high school's cross country team were injured by an unknown projectile, possibly a BB from a BB gun, while running.
Confederate 'mega flag' turning heads along I-95 near Fayetteville
As part of its "Flags Across the Carolinas" project, the North Carolina Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans has unveiled a massive confederate flag along Interstate 95 in Cumberland County.
- Foodie News: Happy + Hale, Mami Nora's, Neomonde have new locations on the way
Triangle restaurant news...that not everyone knows. Impress your co-workers at the water cooler.
- Bertie Correctional officer's killer charged with murder, moved to Central Prison
An inmate who allegedly killed a sergeant at Bertie Correctional Institution on Wednesday was charged Thursday with first-degree murder and moved to Central Prison in Raleigh.
- Wayne County officials keeping close eye on Neuse; river expected to crest this weekend
Floodwaters continue to ripple through Wayne County days after the region saw multiple inches of rain, and emergency management officials are concerned things could get worse before they get better.
- Friendly fire may have killed 2 Army Rangers in Afghanistan
The Pentagon says the two Army Rangers killed during a raid on an Islamic State compound in Afghanistan may have died as a result of friendly fire.
- Trump to address NRA, raise money for key Congress race
President Donald Trump will become the first sitting president to address a National Rifle Association convention in more than 30 years when he speaks Friday at the group's annual meeting.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,383.85||-4.92 (-0.21%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.90||-0.73 (-1.47%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||120.60||+0.21 (+0.17%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Edgecombe schools close amid remaining flood concerns
- Just months after Matthew, flooding hits farmers hard again
- Triangle natives among ACC players who could break out during fall camp
- Orange County approves plan to move Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit project forward
- Regular file backup one solution to ransomware threat
- View More »
- Panthers begin process of evolving offense with RB McCaffrey
- Bears trade up, take UNC QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick
- 2nd-day draft steals? Cook, Lamp could go early; Mixon, too
- Panthers select Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey with No. 8 overall pick
- Brownlow's Twitter Mailbag tackles predictions and paternity leave
- View More »
- Vanilla Ice, Salt n Pepa rock PNC in I Love the '90s Tour
- Fox host takes vacation after Ivanka Trump microphone quip
- Mississippi man sues R. Kelly, says singer ruined marriage
- Rebel Wilson sues Australian publisher for defamation
- No dump here: Posh public bathroom pops up, with music, art
- View More »