Clinton police shot a man Saturday night in a Burger King parking lot after he pointed a shotgun at officers, Jay Tilley, Clinton Chief of Police said.
DMV error costs thousands of NC drivers their licenses
A court clerk said thousands of drivers across North Carolina have mistakenly lost their drivers' licenses because the state Department of Motor Vehicles isn't properly handling paperwork.
- On-and-off showers, storms hold Sunday temps in check
Tropical Storm Bonnie had weakened to a tropical depression by the time any rain could reach Raleigh, but the effect was the same Sunday - scattered showers and thunderstorms throughout the day and a blanket of clouds across the state.
- Sunday worship service, other activities continue despite rain at Balloon Fest
Whether people were under the tent for shelter or for the service, the music was a hit, and the seven-member band had people on their feet the whole time. The songs were inspirational and upbeat, although one song that mentioned "flooding God's love down on us" shouldn't be taken literally, said Pastor Joe, who delivered a 30-minute sermon after the band finished their set.
- UNC women's lacrosse claims NCAA title with 13-7 win over Maryland
For the second time in four years, the University of North Carolina women's lacrosse team has captured the NCAA title after defeating Maryland Sunday, 13-7.
- Gunman among at least 2 dead in Houston shooting
A gunman and at least one other person were killed Sunday, authorities said, as many shots were fired in a Houston neighborhood where police had urged people to remain in their homes.
- 'Mommy loves you!': Boy rescued after gorilla is shot at zoo
Panicked zoo visitors watched helplessly and shouted, "Stay calm!" while one woman yelled, "Mommy loves you!" as a 400-pound-plus gorilla loomed over a 4-year-old boy who had fallen into a shallow moat at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- More than 700 feared dead in recent Mediterranean crossings
- German, French leaders mark 100 years since Battle of Verdun
- Trump's movement campaign likely to turn on the margins
- At least 6 dead, 2 missing after floods in Texas, Kansas
- Children fight to live after lightning hits 11 in Paris park
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,099.06||+8.96 (+0.43%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||45.43||+0.46 (+1.02%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.62||-0.96 (-0.82%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Movie review: 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' tries to cover its narrative flaws with visual spectacle
- Photos: Freedom Balloon Fest
- Hardly a dog's life for Obama's pets Bo and Sunny
- Chinese developer Wanda opens theme park to take on Disney
- Food, beer, wine on offer at WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest
- View More »