I-40 billboard links 9/11 attacks to travel ban
The billboard sits along busy Interstate 40, sharing its message with thousands of people each day. "Why support President Trump's immigration ban? 19 Muslim immigrants killed 2977 Americans," it says.
- Cooper again challenges lawmakers over appointment powers
Gov. Roy Cooper on Friday filed another lawsuit against legislative leaders, accusing them of overstepping their authority in reducing the size of the state Court of Appeals and in controlling various state boards.
- Visitors, bystanders warn residents of Raleigh apartment fire
Multiple fire departments responded to a fire Friday at an apartment complex on Prince George Lane in north Raleigh.
- Mom keeps spirits up as balloon volunteer while sailor son serves
Memorial Day weekend has taken on a more poignant meaning for Teresa Troup since her son decided he needed to do his duty to protect the country.
- Leery of North Korea, US plans first test of ICBM intercept
Preparing for North Korea's growing threat, the Pentagon will try to shoot down an intercontinental-range missile for the first time in a test next week. The goal is to more closely simulate a North Korean ICBM aimed at the U.S. homeland, officials said Friday
- Floating water park to open next week in North Myrtle Beach
Shark Wake Park, which is billed as the largest floating obstacle course on the East Coast, features trampolines, monkey bars, climbing towers, slides and more.
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,415.82||+0.75 (+0.03%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||51.24||-0.72 (-1.39%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||120.54||+1.06 (+0.89%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Just 7 weeks in, Brewery Bhavana is looking toward growth
- Durham classroom gears up for EOGs with real-world connections
- Pleasant, but breezy, weather helps kick off WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest
- As pool season begins, state warns of potentially life-threatening electrical hazards
- Driver, 3 others hospitalized after I-40 shooting, crash
- View More »
- New 'Blue Lives Matter' laws raise concerns among activists
- Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- Trump 'evolving' on climate action, pressured by Europeans
- Next for Montana's new congressman: Day in court, then DC
- If FBI wants to talk to Kushner, lawyer says he's ready
- View More »