Baby whose mother chose giving birth over chemo has died
A tiny preemie whose gravely ill mother had hoped to save her by shunning chemotherapy during pregnancy has died, a relative said Thursday.
- Hurricane models predict Maria will remain offshore, avoid NC coast
Hurricane Maria strengthened back into a Category 3 storm overnight, and, while it is still dangerous, models are predicting that it will stay offshore for the remainder of its path and have little to no effect on North Carolina's coast.
- Wilmington man gets 80 years for kidnapping girl, chaining her to tree
A Wilmington man will spend at least 80 years in prison for kidnapping a 6-year-old girl a year ago, sexually assaulting her and leaving her chained to a tree in the woods.
- Rare aye-aye born at Duke Lemur Center
The Duke Lemur Center got a new addition this summer when a rare aye-aye was born.
- Fort Bragg soldier charged with rape, sex offenses
A Fort Bragg soldier who was with his unit in Afghanistan returned to Fayetteville to face sex-related allegations against him, arrest documents said.
- Litter of puppies killed in Johnston County fire
A litter of puppies was killed late Wednesday in a house fire on Parrish Road.
- State directs Chemours to provide bottled water to 11 nearby homeowners
- Regulators demand data on possible airborne GenX release
- Feds say convicted ex-lawmaker hiding assets to avoid paying restitution
- Cooper's confirmation battle resurfaces
- Cabbies feel blindsided by state insurance increase
- View More »
- Weekend Plans: Festivals, dragon boats, Batman Day, maker faire, more
- Bookmarked! program focuses on early literacy, lines up special programs for families
- Winter hours begin at Museum of Life and Science
- NC Wildlife Commission marks National Hunting and Fishing Day with free, family-friendly local events
- Consignment sales in Cary, Wake Forest this week
- View More »
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,504.20||-4.04 (-0.16%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||54.06||+0.25 (+0.46%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||122.70||-0.92 (-0.74%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.