One clerk was killed and another was injured late Thursday night in a shooting at the Shop N Go convenience store on N.C. Highway 39 in Johnston County, according to the sheriff's office.
President to campaign in Raleigh next week for Clinton
President Barack Obama will campaign for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton next week in Raleigh, the White House confirmed Friday.
- Homeowner, city seek solutions after 6 cars crash into Raleigh home
At least half a dozen vehicles have crashed into the home at the intersection of Fawn Glen Drive and New Hope Road over the past several years and homeowner Carlo Bernarte wants the state Department of Transportation to fix the problem so he can stop fixing his home.
- Triangle Foodie News: NC BBQ Revival is this weekend
The three-day weekend is full of classes, discussions, feasts and pig pickins' at Green Button Farm.
- Moncure woman arrested in Chapel Hill bank robbery
The Chatham County Sheriff's Office arrested a 28-year-old woman in connection with a Thursday robbery at a Chapel Hill bank.
- After road trip, Hurricanes back in Raleigh Friday for home opener
The season-opening road stretch didn't treat the Carolina Hurricanes well so they'll have to do better upon beginning their ventures at PNC Arena.
- Fact Check: Do NC prisons use student reading scores to predict future growth?
When North Carolina public schools release their annual reading scores, parents, teachers and the public are no doubt interested to see how students are performing. But are prison officials also paying attention to that information?
- Lost cause? North Korea nuke threat awaits next president
- Satanic leader: After-school clubs send positive message
- Manson follower 'Tex' Watson denied parole in California
- Activists split as Clinton makes push for black millennials
- 4 years after Superstorm Sandy, coast continues to recover
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,138.05||+5.01 (+0.23%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||47.23||+0.27 (+0.58%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||120.93||-0.08 (-0.07%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Destination: Giant bunnies at the N.C. Museum of Art
- MomsRising: Celebrate voting as a family Saturday at Durham event
- Weekend Plans: Halloween events, Christmas shows, fall fun
- Missing Laurel Hills' wooden castle playground? Check Apex's Kelly Road Park
- Can you walk, bike, hike 100 miles? NC Parks issues challenge
- View More »