A woman was found dead in a parked car at 1219 Collington Dr. following a report of shots fired, police said.
Hundreds still seek housing months after Matthew
Two months after flooding from Hurricane Matthew devastated parts of eastern North Carolina, hundreds of people remain homeless.
- WRAL's 28th Annual Coats For The Children Telethon raises $118,500
WRAL's 28th Annual Coats for the Children Telethon on Dec. 9 raised $118,500 for the Salvation Army.
- State panel recommends DA investigate Durham charter school diplomas
School officials at Kestrel Heights, a charter school in Durham, said at least 53 students over the past three years received diplomas they didn't earn.
- Durham apartment building fire determined accidental; no injuries reported
Fire broke out late Friday morning at a three-story apartment building off University Drive in southwest Durham, officials said.
- Cold air and clear skies: Bundle up this weekend
With clear skies, it's going to be a cold night with lows in the low to mid 20s, chief meteorologist Greg Fishel said. Saturday will be sunny and cold, but a bit milder than Friday.
- Family of Fayetteville domestic violence victim: 'Who was right, wrong doesn't matter'
The family of a Fayetteville woman who was stabbed to death by her boyfriend Wednesday night said Friday that they don't blame him for the attack, and they hope police video of the crime scene, including officers fatally shooting the boyfriend, is never released.
|▲S&P 500||2,259.53||+13.34 (+0.59%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||50.04||-0.18 (-0.36%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||110.40||-1.17 (-1.05%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Ho ho ho! Merry ripoff! Take some precautions in a season of fraud
- GOP's 'Obamacare' repeal path worries health care industry
- 5 tips to help refrain from overeating this holiday season
- With hectic holidays here, doctors say to prioritize sleep
- Group works to reunite pets, owners after Tennessee fires
- View More »