In a humiliating failure, President Donald Trump and GOP leaders pulled their bill to repeal "Obamacare" off the House floor Friday when it became clear it would fail badly — after seven years of nonstop railing against the law. Democrats said Americans can "breathe a sigh of relief." Trump said the current law was imploding "and soon will explode."
Flight from Nashville reports problem, lands safely at RDU
A plane from Nashville circled several times before landing safely at Raleigh-Durham International Airport Friday just before 5 p.m.
- Our TakeUNC must play from tipoff to move past Butler
North Carolina's NCAA Tournament Second Round win and the team's history with Butler serves as the only reminder the Tar Heels know that they can't be "lackadaisical."
- Virginia man says he almost died from backroom silicone injections
A Virginia man said Friday that he almost died two years ago after receiving silicone injections from a North Carolina woman who was charged this week in connection with the death of a Fayetteville teen.
- Week on from Raleigh fire, people moving forward slowly
A week after a fire destroyed one downtown Raleigh building and damaged nine others, progress toward normalcy comes in small increments.
- Sky 5's first pilot, Randall Watkins, dies at age 66
Randall Watkins, of Fuquay-Varina, who was the first to pilot WRAL-TV's Sky 5 helicopter, died Thursday.
- Fayetteville PD: Suspect in drive-by shooting 'extremely dangerous'
The Fayetteville Police Department on Friday posted a warning for residents to be on the lookout for a man wanted in a drive-by shooting Wednesday night. Jerome Wayne Jones Jr. is "extremely dangerous," police said.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,343.98||-1.98 (-0.08%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||48.35||+0.07 (+0.15%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||118.86||+0.19 (+0.16%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Two-lane bridge to Outer Banks to be repaired, not replaced
- UNC grad helping shape future of downtown Durham
- Man shot near downtown Raleigh nightclub
- Durham PE teacher wins national award for work with special needs students
- Body found behind home of missing Wendell woman after months-long search
- View More »
- Brownlow: The ACC's last hope, North Carolina, tries to stay alive
- Drive Thru Hot Takes: Panthers better not screw up draft
- Berry's ankle in better shape ahead of Sweet 16
- Butler's Lewis ready to face old rival in Sweet 16
- Beard & Brains: UNC looks to advance after near Black Sunday repeat
- View More »