Raleigh journalist, her activist mother killed in Turkey
A Raleigh journalist was found dead along with her mother while living in Istanbul, Turkey on Friday.
- GOP's 'Obamacare' repeal all but dead; McCain deals the blow
Sen. John McCain declared his opposition Friday to the GOP's last-ditch effort to repeal and replace "Obamacare," dealing a likely death blow to the legislation and, perhaps, to the Republican Party's years of vows to kill the program. It was the second time in three months the 81-year-old McCain emerged as the destroyer of his party's signature promise to voters.
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Garner wreck
A motorcyclist was seriously injured in wreck in Garner Friday evening.
- Woman dead in Durham shooting
The Durham Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one woman dead Friday night.
- Triangle Red Cross volunteers return from Texas, head to USVA for hurricane relief
The U.S. Virgin Islands is still crawling out of the mess left by Hurricane Maria. The Triangle Area chapter of the Red Cross will deploy a team of four volunteers on Sunday to help.
- Aerial drone damages Fort Bragg helicopter in New York; no injuries reported
An aerial drone apparently struck a U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopter over New York, Thursday night.
- Closure at busy US-Mexico border crossing promises headaches
- Here's how to keep fake money out of your wallet
- Mexico shocked by news: Girl trapped in rubble didn't exist
- Indiana man locked in cave for 60 hours, forgotten by group
- Public shaming likely but GOP wary of new laws after Equifax
- View More »
- Weekly Wrap: Some decisions easier than others
- Legislative leaders warn Cooper, commission on Confederate statue removal
- State directs Chemours to provide bottled water to 11 nearby homeowners
- Cooper to veto GenX money, repeal of plastic bag ban
- Regulators demand data on possible airborne GenX release
- View More »
More Top News
- Digging in the dirt, getting healthy: New program promotes gardens as health education tool
- Two Durham schools on shortlist for NC's Innovative School District despite asking to be excluded
- 'Talladega Nights' home near Charlotte could be yours
- Witness: Woman tried to stop suspect before fatal Durham crash
|▲S&P 500||2,502.22||+1.62 (+0.06%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||54.59||+0.53 (+0.98%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||123.24||+0.56 (+0.46%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Rescue efforts continue after Mexico quake
- Historical Commission discusses moving Confederate statues
- Dump truck overturns on I-40 east
- Triangle Tip-Off
- Leesville Road at Cardinal Gibbons
- Fuquay-Varina at Knightdale
- Southeast Raleigh at Millbrook
- Garner at Rolesville
- Apex Friendship at Green Hope
- High SchoolOT Live: Week 6