North Carolina officials are advising dozens of residents near Duke Energy coal ash dumps not to drink or cook with water from their wells after tests showed contamination with toxic heavy metals.
Fayetteville homes damaged by suspicious fires also burned in 2007
Three homes that were heavily damaged by fire early Tuesday in a Fayettevillle neighborhood near the Cape Fear River were also damaged in similar fires in 2007, investigators said.
- 8 students taken to hospital after Wake County school bus crash
Eight students were taken to a hospital Tuesday afternoon after a Wake County school bus and a car collided on Wade Avenue in Raleigh.
- Reports: Volvo passes on North Carolina
Rival states have again beaten out North Carolina as a future destination for a major car manufacturing plant, according to multiple news reports.
- Holly Springs jogger hit by car remains in critical;; driver cited
A Holly Springs High School student has been cited in an accident that critically injured a jogger Monday morning.
- Lee County jail officers punished after inmates found with phones
The Lee County Sheriff's Office fired one jail officer and arrested another Tuesday after they were linked to inmates who had cellphones in the county jail.
- Lawmakers ask UNC system to study fixed tuition
The UNC system would look at the possibility of allowing students to pay the same tuition throughout their undergraduate education under a measure approved Tuesday by the House.
- AP source: DEA chief set to resign from agency soon
- Court sentences ousted Egypt president to 20 years in prison
- Pope OKs resignation of US bishop for not reporting abuse
- Jury in Boston Marathon trial sees photo of defiant Tsarnaev
- Bird flu takes biggest toll yet as virus hits chicken farms
- View More »
- House OKs 'right to try' for terminally ill
- House seeks to study water mixers for Falls Lake
- Senators delay hearing of bill to scuttle Dix deal
- Today @NCCapitol (April 21): Lawmakers consider bills changing presidential primary date, curbing undercover animal stings
- EPA rule plan splits House GOP
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Fixed tuition, student-athlete stipends before House panel
- House panel weighs moped insurance, property insurance reform
- WRAL Evening News LIVE
- House debates access to experimental treatments for terminal illness LIVE
- WCPSS board work session LIVE
6pWRAL Evening News
|▼S&P 500||2,097.29||-3.11 (-0.15%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||59.50||-0.02 (-0.03%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||115.38||+0.66 (+0.58%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com