7 easy beauty tips to be your most attractive self
Posted October 24, 2016
Do you ever have those days when everything just looks wrong? Your hair falls flat, you found a new pimple on your nose and the bags under your eyes seem even droopier. Well, I know the feeling. You want to live your life with confidence while feeling attractive; it is not as complicated as it might sound. Subtle changes in your routine could possibly change your entire countenance.
Here are 7 quick and easy beauty tips that will make you more attractive:
1. Treat your skin like your best friend
Have you ever used a good foundation for your face and noticed it was sloughing off or cracking as the day progressed? It could be that you are using the wrong type of foundation for your skin. It is important to take a moment to try and get to know your skin and find out its likes and dislikes.
There are roughly four different types of skin: normal, oily, dry and combination skin. Here is how to determine your skin type:
- You are prone to break outs
- Your pores are large in appearance
- Your face often looks shiny
- Pores are small or nearly invisible
- A rough complexion
- Red or dry patches
- Visible lines in the face
- Normal in some places and oily in others
- Your T-zone (nose, chin and forehead) may be slightly more oily than the rest of your face
- Not many pimples
- Not sensitive
- Small pores
- Skin has great elasticity
2. Find your undertone
Did you know that there is more to your skin than meets the eye? Being aware of your skin’s undertone is vital to choosing the right jewelry, makeup and hair color to flatter your natural beauty.
Here is how to determine your skin’s undertone:
- Your veins are green in appearance
- You have brown, hazel or amber eyes
- Your natural hair color is brown, strawberry blonde, red or black with gold tones underneath
- You look best in bright oranges, yellows, reds, and forest green
- Gold jewelry flatters your skin
- You tan in the sun more than you burn
- Your veins are blue in appearance
- You have blue, green or grey eyes
- Your natural hair is an ashy shade of blonde, brown or black with ash tones underneath
- You look best in jewel tones, such as emerald green, sapphire blue, deep violet or magenta
- Silver jewelry flatters your skin
- You burn easily in the sun
- Your veins are both blue and green
- Your natural hair is brown, blonde or red
- Few colors wash out your skin
- You can burn or tan
You've probably been told to drink more water at some point in your life, but don’t take that advice so lightly. Your body needs an ample supply of water every day to keep everything functioning on the inside and to keep you looking your best on the outside. Drinking enough water every day brightens up your eyes, your complexion, your skin and can even help with hair and nail growth.
Remember to keep your skin hydrated with good moisturizers as well. Moisturize your face every single day and you will reduce your risk for wrinkles. Moisturize your body during the day as well, especially your naturally dry areas like your elbows, heels and knees. Your body will thank you for it later, and you will thank your moisturizer for making you glow.
4. Mind your manicure
One way to look well-kept is to keep your fingernails primped and polished. You can tell a lot about a woman by the state of her nails. If your nails are breaking, have grime under them or they are starting to turn yellow, spruce them up with some polish.
5. Brighten your eyes
Your naturally beautiful eyes are one of your best assets, and the least you can do is treat them to some pampering. If your eyes are feeling gritty or dry, or they have a constant red tint, try using anti-redness or moisturizing eye drops. Doing so will brighten the whites and the color of your eyes. Also, even if you prefer not to use makeup, a subtle layer of mascara can instantly brighten up your eyes.
6. Smell good
You may think that others won’t notice your hygiene habits, but they definitely do. Maintaining your hygiene really gives others an impression that you really have your life together, and you are confident enough to keep yourself clean and smelling great.
- Take time to banish bad breath and brighten your smile by brushing your teeth at least twice a day
- Shower and wash your body every day (even if you don’t want to wash your hair every day, at least keep your body clean)
- Wear deodorant and indulge in fragrances
Take time to take care of your body with exercise. Even if you are happy with your body shape, your body needs exercise to remove toxins and to function well. Take a little bit of time every day to get moving. Whether that is a full workout at your gym or just walking up and down the stairs at work. Get your heart racing every day. Exercise helps you feel confident and successful.
8. Show off your smile
Put your shoulders back, stand up straight and show off your beautiful attitude. Nothing makes a person more attractive than a pleasing personality and an approachable demeanor. Be open and considerate in your body language and in how you act. The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is a smile.