Job fair, advice offered in Raleigh
Posted April 13, 2010
Updated April 19, 2010
Raleigh, N.C. — The Capital Area JobLink Career Expo on Tuesday will offer resources, assistance and a chance to meet with hiring managers from Triangle-area businesses.
The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S. Salisbury St. It is free and open to the public.
Job seekers are encouraged to dress professionally and bring several copies of their current resume. The JobLink Mobile Unit will be on hand to review resumes on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some of the workshops being offered at the event are:
- Stress Less Interviewing — Perspectives and Strategies for Successful Interviewing
- LinkedIn and the Big Picture — Utilizing the Power of Online and Social Networking
- Steps to Finding the Work You Want After 50 — Tips and Tools for the Older Worker
- From Losing Your Job to Owning Your Job — Learn to Think Like an Entrepreneur
- The Power of Promoting Yourself at 50 Plus — Personal Branding and the Power of You
- Make Your Resume Talk — A One-Page Advertisement
- Re-Entry -- Connecting Ex-Offenders to Resources
- Protecting Your Credit and Foreclosure Options — How to Keep Two of Your Most Important Assets