Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC offers food for storm victims
Posted April 19, 2011
If you have food to donate to storm victims or you are in need of food, the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC offers various location where you can donate food and money and receive food.
Here is the information from their website:
"The Food Bank expects to see the need for emergency food to increase over the coming weeks as displaced families seek precious resources. Food & fund donations to the Food Bank will help provide emergency and increased assistance to Food Bank partner agencies.
* Donate Food: Food donations will be accepted at Food Bank warehouses in Durham, Raleigh, New Bern, Greenville, Southern Pines and Wilmington. See the most needed items below. Click HERE for the various donation locations.
* Donate Funds: Donate on the Food Bank website. Text a $10 donation by sending “40meals” to 50555. Checks can be mailed to 3808 Tarheel Drive, Raleigh, NC.
The most needed items during a natural disaster are:
· High-protein canned meals (pop-top cans) & Peanut Butter
· Other single serving meals that do not require refrigeration or cooking/meals ready to eat
· Single serving snacks
· Paper goods and products (paper towels, paper plates/cups/napkins, plastic utensils)
· Hygiene products (Hand sanitizer, toothbrushes, soap, etc.)
· Cleaning supplies (wipes preferred)"