WRAL SmartShopper

WRAL SmartShopper

After-Christmas sales - share your great finds!

Posted December 28, 2010

There are lots of good deals out there right now - share your best bargains and brag about your awesome deals!

Here are some of the posts other Smart Shoppers have made to the blog or sent to me via e-mail in the last 2 days about area sales. Thanks for sharing everyone!

From jzka23vzka: Just returned from the Cary Town Center - not much left at B&BW. They had a ton of these island gift bags orig. $109 for 75% off, but daquiri flavored lip gloss and such is not my cup of tea. Tons of peppermint scented body sprays/lotions for 75% off, for 50% off they had tons of the wall flowers. I left empty-handed.

Claire's had TONS of stuff 75% - not just holiday items. I picked up umbrellas for spring and some make-up gift sets along with next year's Christmas gifts. Just make double double sure it rings up correctly - I had to make many corrections and know your math (50% off, then 25% off the remaining balance does not equal 75% off!)

JCPenney was at about the 50% mark across the board, but there were some good deals when you pair it with the 10off25 that ends today.

Victoria's Secret gift sets are 40% off, including their spectacular lip gloss in a pack of 6 for $14 (a teen or tween will want it.)

Target Crossroads has marked some toys down to 30%, definitely waiting for deeper discounts!

From Sue: I was at Target last Thurs and they were already having their toys (and other stuff) on clearance. I saw 30% and 50%!!! That is really unusual for them, so I guess we'll be seeing the 75% deals much sooner this year.

From Scott: A link to a BOGO Little Ceasers coupon good through 12/28


Please with your account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • shaw89 Jan 4, 2011

    Went to CVS last night, 75% off Christmas. Plus you can get 1 bag of M&M's for FREE! Xmas M&M's scan for $.99, and at kiosk you get a coupon for $1 off M&M's.

  • Trickat Jan 1, 2011

    All Christmas at Wal-Mart 75% - This includes Homedics massagers, many types! They still had lots left in Holly Springs at noon today, but they were going fast. No nice bath gift sets left - I was hoping for Olay, Axe or Gillette, lots of "unbranded" type of bath/body sets left though. Tons of ornaments and lights left, but no big outdoor deco stuff to be seen. They did have lots of xmas trees.

    Target Crossroads 75%, but not much left. Lots of mint flavored M&Ms if you like those, no wrapping paper - just a few gift bags, lots of bulb ornaments, some misc candy, a few gift sets with bbq sauce n such - not for me. I did pick up a coin sorter for the kids (2.50), last one I could find.

    Happy hunting!

  • whwall Jan 1, 2011

    Just got back from Walmart. The Glade Christmas candles are 75% off. I used a $1.00cp off 2 scented candles, I purchased 6 at 07. ea. I bought 6 dropin candles also at .07 ea. The scented oil candle with the $1.00 coupon made the price .16 ea. Final talley: Candles bought: 15 , total spent $1.32 + tax.

  • t0tAlChA0s Dec 30, 2010

    Walgreen's in Clayton 75% off. They still have tons of stuff!

  • Nancy Dec 30, 2010

    And Walgreens at Sunset Lake and Main in FV is also 75% and a couple days ago they had tons of Christmas left!

  • Trickat Dec 30, 2010

    Walgreen's Holly Springs 75% as well!

  • Faye Prosser - Smart Shopper Dec 30, 2010

    Good to know, bparrish! Thank you!

  • bparrish004 Dec 30, 2010

    Walgreens in Zebulon 75% off Christmas!

  • Nancy Dec 29, 2010

    Nothing fantastic here but did pick up a lot of unique shaped tins for good giving (cookies) next year at 50% off at the drug stores. Now I have to be good and organize space in a closet to put them all away and the trick is to remember that I have them come next year LOL!

  • cjohnson1073 Dec 29, 2010

    I was one of the crazy ones that ventured out in the horrible weather on Sunday morning. I hit the Walmart in Wake Forest and found myself a new Christmas tree for next year at half price. I then hit Target and bought new LED Christmas lights for half price. I was able to get enough to replace all my old ones with LED which will save big time on my Progress Energy bill next year. Can't wait for Christmas season next year to break it all out.