February 8 – February 14, 2010
Leftover Homemade Veggie Soup
Pizza Night - Lowe’s Foods Frozen Pizza on sale for $2.77 last week – it’s on sale this week for $3.33 (I am teaching a class at Johnston Community College and Daddy is in charge!)
Grapes – on sale at Kroger for $1.49/lb this week
Baked Ravioli with green pepper and onion
Dinner at my Dad’s house while I teach at Vance Granville Comm. College
Not sure what he is whipping up for the kids and hubby
Chicken Quesadillas with the following ingredients:
- Mission tortillas free from HT a couple weeks ago
- Tyson Chicken Breast on sale this week at Kroger through 2/13 for $1.79/lb – a good price for boneless skinless)
- Sauteed spinach and onions – approx $1 for ½ bunch of fresh spinach and ½ onion
- Mexican Rice (using free Mahatma rice from Lowe’s a couple weeks ago and free Rotel from Kroger last week)
- Cheese – I am using an 8 oz brick of Heluva Good Cheddar Cheese on sale at Lowe’s Foods for $2 until Tuesday this week using the .50 coupon which makes it $1.00. Kroger also has cheese on sale for $2.50 for a 16 oz bag of shredded or bar which = $1.25 for 8 oz – still a good price.
- Light Sour Cream – Breakstone’s on sale through Tuesday at Lowe’s Foods for $1.39 for 16 oz - .55/1 coupon = .29 (a great price!)
- Salsa – Tostitos salsa for 35 cents with Pepsi/Tostitos deal at Walgreens last week
Corn – .36 at Harrris Teeter this week with the .50/1 coupon in Sunday’s paper
Milk for the kids to drink (free at Walmart using giftcard earned from credit card reward points – we pay off credit card every single month)
Total cost for meal: Approximately $4.75
Sunday – Valentine’s Day!
We will be dining at the House of Prosser with a special guest (my Dad) for Valentine’s Day this year.
Steak on the grill (I am waiting to see what is on sale at the grocery stores starting Wednesday. May buy it at Walmart using the gift card making it free – depends on who has the best price per pound)
Au Gratin Potatoes
Vegetable: veggies cooked on the grill in foil packet with Italian dressing (mushrooms, green peppers, onion, squash)
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting