As I posted in late August, Walgreens is rolling out a new rewards program called Balance Rewards. The program begins this Sunday,. September 16. Basically you can earn rewards by making in-store and online purchases and for making healthy choices like the Walk with Walgreens program. You can then redeem the points for items in-store and online. Online enrollment begins September 2. At this time, the Register Rewards program will remain the same.
It will be interesting to see how many points you earn for making purchases. You will find the rewards amounts below, but we will have to wait to find out how easy or difficult it will be to earn those points. If the Register Rewards are going to remain intact AND we get a new rewards option, it sounds like an opportunity to save more. I look forward to seeing the new program in action!
What are your thoughts on the new Balance Rewards program?
Here are the details sent from Walgreens corporate:
Walgreens Balance™ Rewards
WHAT IS BALANCE REWARDS?
Balance Rewards is a comprehensive loyalty program that offers easy enrollment, instant points and endless rewards, as well as ways to get, stay and live well at Walgreens.
As part of the nation’s largest drugstore chain, Balance Rewards has the potential to reach more consumers than any other existing consumer loyalty program in the country. There are more than 7,900 Walgreens drugstores across the country, serving nearly 6 million customers daily.
• September 2-15th: Online Enrollment
• September 16th: National Launch
• Balance Rewards includes many of the best aspects of existing loyalty programs and has distinct features that competitors do not match, including:
• Members can earn points for making healthy choices.
• Members may earn and redeem points both in-store and online.
• Exclusive benefits for AARP members.
• A customer-friendly expiration policy.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Easy to Join and Use
• Customers can join in one easy step in stores at checkout or any photo kiosk, online at walgreens.com/balance or with their mobile devices and begin earning points immediately for their purchases.
• Members receive exclusive savings every week on popular products.
• Savings and points can be easily earned when members show their Balance Rewards card, provide their telephone number or scan their mobile phone.
• Members can easily access their point totals and see how many points they need until their next reward at checkout, online or through their mobile device.
• Members can instantly earn and redeem points for thousands of items in store and online.1
• Members will earn points for activities that help them stay well, like Walk with Walgreens, immunizations and — where states allow — for prescriptions.2
• Members receive exclusive access to the Walgreens online Pharmacy Chat service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
• Members can redeem points immediately in-store or online for a little something special or hold off until they have earned more points for an even greater reward.
• Points will not expire as long as members remain active by shopping at Walgreens at least once every six months and redeem their points within three years.
• Points go further as you earn more.
POINTS EARNED REWARD
1Restrictions apply see terms and conditions.
2Due to state and federal laws, points cannot be earned on some items. Points will not be awarded to anyone who currently is or was at any time in 6 months prior to purchasing Pharmacy Items covered by Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare or other government-funded healthcare program. Pharmacy Items must be purchased at participating Walgreens Drugstore, Rxpress, Duane Reade, or Walgreens Pharmacy locations (“Participating Stores”) to earn points. Excludes Pharmacy Items purchased from AR, NJ or NY pharmacies and prescriptions transferred to a Participating Store located in AL, MS, OR or PR. For terms and conditions for full details on all point earnings and redemptions, visit Walgreens.com/Balance.