There are a number of blog members who swap coupons here in the Triangle area and here is the official place to post your swap dates and locations each week! See below for details on how to host a swap and what to do if you are planning to attend a swap.
If you have any other swaps scheduled through July, feel free to post them in the comments section below and I will add them to the main list.
Durham Coupon Swap
Date: Thursday June 28, 2012
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:45 pm
Location: Durham County Library, Southwest Regional, 3605 Shannon Road, Durham, NC 27707, 919-560-8590
Please bring non-expired coupons you do not want or need in an envelope or baggie; it's best if they are already clipped.
You may also bring coupons that have already expired in a separate bag or envelope so they may be donated to the military.
We have a large meeting room reserved for our group, so feel free to invite your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, or anyone interested in exchanging coupons! Inquire at the Information Desk when you arrive and they will let you know which meeting room we are in for the evening.
Benson Coupon Swap
Date: Monday, July 9th
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: Benson Pentecostal Holiness Church, 407 E Church St, Benson NC 27504
If you have any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-219-3240
Garner Coupon Swap Southeast Regional Library
Date: Wednesday July 11, 2012
Time: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Location: 908 7th Ave, Garner, For more information, call 662-2258. The address of the library is 908 7th Avenue, Garner, NC 27529.
North Raleigh Swap
Date: Saturday, July 28
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Location: Moe's at Triangle Towne Center, Raleigh, NC (Moes is near Barnes & Noble & Charming Charlie.)
If you are attending a coupon swap for the first time, here are some swap basics:
* Bring your coupons already cut out in an envelope if at all possible. It really helps to move the swap along if folks are not waiting for you to go through your coupons and cut them out at the table.
* You don't need to sort them by product type unless you really want to
* The group usually sits in a circle and passes around the envelopes to the person to the right. Take the coupons you want out and put the rest back in to pass on to the next person.
* Once you get your envelope back, you know you have been through all the coupons.
* In really large groups, couponers often sit in groups of 5 to 8 people to swap
If you are hosting a swap and wish to include the information here, please post the following details:
* Date of swap
* Time of swap
* Location of swap including address
* Host contact info to RSVP or ask questions. An e-mail address is fine - I don't suggest including your phone number on a public board. You may want to create a new free e-mail just for swapping from somewhere like Yahoo or Gmail.
I also recommend the local swap group, Triangle Area Coupon Swap with additional coupon swap information.