It is Mega Swagbucks Friday AND Swagbucks is celebrating their 4th birthday with a huge giveaway AND there is a new member sign up bonus! Today is the day they award larger than normal Swagbucks just for using the site to search as you normally would during the day. If you are not signed up for Swagbucks, you should be! It's a super easy way to earn giftcards to places like CVS, Starbucks and Amazon.com. Read below for details on how to sign up and earn the new member bonus!
4th Birthday Celebration Giveaway!
Swagbucks is celebrating their 4th birthday on February 27th, and to celebrate they are giving out four $1000 prizes to members AND they are having a HUGE Swag Code Extravaganza AND there will be additional ways to earn Swagbucks with your Birthday Bash team!
Here's how you enter to win the $1000:
1. Current Swagbucks members can go to this page and RSVP for the Swagbucks Birthday Bash, a 24-hr Team Challenge happening on the 27th.
2. Pick one of the two parties and RSVP for it - if you don't have a preference, click "Surprise Me". I joined the Beach Party.
3. That's it - do that and you're entered to win! They are revealing the 4 winners on February 27th, and until then you can invite others to join you at the party you're attending by sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
The Swagbucks folks also wanted to clarify how things will work on Monday during the big 'ole Birthday Bash. This is directly from the Swagbucks folks:
1. The Birthday Bash everyone has been RSVPing for is going to be a 24-hr Team Challenge. That means every Swag Buck they earn on that day from Search, Special Offers/Daily Deals, SBTV, Surverys and Tasks will also count toward their party's total. The party with the most SB earned will give out a 10 Swag Buck bonus to each member who contributes; the other party will get a bonus of 5 Swag Bucks each.
We're also awarding the top earner from each party with a bonus of 100 Swag Bucks and the title of Party Animal!
By now, if you're attending one of the parties you've noticed the giant pink and green puzzle. Behind that puzzle is the picture of your party. On the 27th, we'll reveal one piece for you, but to reveal the rest, your party has to collectively hit a series of earning goals, one for each category. When you hit the goal, a piece of the picture is revealed! There will be meters to help you track your team's progress. If you reveal the whole picture before midnight, ALL PARTY BONUSES ARE DOUBLED!
2. We're having an all-day Swag Code extravaganza on Monday - 130 Swag Bucks in codes will be given out over the course of 24 hours, meaning everyone from night owls to early risers will be able to get Swag Codes!
New Member Sign Up AND Bonus Sign Up Code!
It's free to sign up for Swagbucks and only takes a minute. Through February 27, new members get an additional 110 Swag Bucks when you enter the code BIRTHDAYBASH12 during the sign up process HERE. It has to be entered when you sign up in order to get the bonus Swag Bucks. Normally new members get 30 Swag Bucks just for signing up, but right now through 2/27, you get 140 Swag Bucks to start!
New to Swagbucks?
How do you get these super Swagbucks? Each time you need to search for something online, use the Swagbucks search engine (instead of Google, for instance). I actually have the Swag Bucks toolbar installed on my desktop and it places a search box right on my screen making it super easy to search. There are also a number of other ways to earn Swag Bucks including taking surveys, answering polls, watching videos and more.
If you are on Twitter or Facebook, Swagbucks also posts links to codes that will earn you additional Swag Bucks. Once you click the link they give you and find the code (they will tell you how to find it) you then copy and paste the code into the "Gimme" box on the homepage of Swagbucks HERE. The Gimme box is on the right side of the page under the My Account section where it indicates: Enter your Swag Code.
You are welcome to post links to these awesome codes (but NOT the actual codes) in the Comments section of this post or in the Find a Deal section here on the blog each day but please DO NOT post the actual Swag Bucks code. That's against Swagbucks policy and they can remove us both from the program for posting actual codes. You are more than welcome to post the link to the Swagbucks page that shows the code though.
If you are new to Swagbucks, I bet you are wondering what you do with the Swagbucks points you earn. They can be cashed in for gift cards, books, magazines, movies and much more! I usually cash mine in for CVS or Amazon.com gift cards. A $5 Amazon gift card code is only 450 Swag Bucks and a $5 Starbucks gift card is 635 Swag Bucks. It's such an easy way to score some freebies while doing the same searches you already do.
This post contains affiliate links and I thank you very much for using them!