New ALDI store opening today in Durham!
Posted January 11, 2012
The new ALDI store in Durham is opening today, January 11, in the Streets of Southpoint area. If you have never shopped at ALDI, I highly recommend you check out their fabulous produce prices and good everyday prices on staple items. Click HERE for the ALDI website.
Here are the store details:
Address: 7906 N.C. Highway 751 South, Durham, NC
Opening time on 1/11: 11:00 AM
From 11 AM – 4 PM on 1/11, the public is invited to sample and tour the store as part of the Grand Opening festivities. They will begin their regular hours on Thursday, 1/12/2012.
Today, on Wednesday, they are also giving out nice recyclable grocery bags while supplies last. The bags from past store ALDI openings have included a few samples including bottled water, granola bar, drink packet and fruit snacks.
If you live near this store, check your mail for a $5 coupon that is being sent to homes within a certain radius of the new location.
ALDI has some great deals on produce and many other items. Their everyday prices on products that we don't usually find coupons for are very competitive.
Some key things to remember when shipping at ALDI (many of these are cost-cutting so they can bring you such low prices on produce and other items):
* ALDI does not accept manufacturer coupons (most of the items are private label anyway so there are no coupons available for them)
* You will need to bring your own bags to bag your groceries. They do not provide any.
* If you wish to use a grocery cart, you will need to deposit a quarter into the cart machine and you will get it back when you return the cart.
* They accept cash, debit and EBT cards as forms of payment. They do not accept credit cards or checks.
* ALDI sales run from Wednesday through Tuesday and I highlight the best deals from the ad starting each week.
ALDI also has a double back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with a product you buy at ALDI, they will replace the item and give you your money back!
Here's a little more information about ALDI from their press release:
"Customers can expect to find more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased items sold under ALDI select brands for prices up to 50 percent less than traditional supermarkets. A model of efficiency, ALDI eliminates overhead costs by offering smart, efficient practices, such as a grocery cart deposit system, through which shoppers insert a quarter to release a cart and receive the quarter back upon the cart’s return. Other cost-saving practices include a smaller store layout, open carton displays and encouraging the use of ALDI reusable shopping bags."
What are your favorite items to buy at ALDI?
If you head out to the Durham grand opening, please share your thoughts!