It's gift giving season and many people give gifts to the folks who teach their kids every week. What are you giving this year? If you are a teacher, please weigh in with the gifts you like to receive most (and those that you would rather folks not spend their money on).
Thanks to carelesswhisper on the blog who asked this question today. You reminded me that it's time for a thread about this very subject.
Here are some things I have heard make good teacher gifts:
* Gift cards to just about anywhere - even just a $5 card to Walmart, Target, Food Lion, Jersey Mike's, Michael's craft store, etc
* Handmade cards from the child
* School supplies including tissues, sanitizer, copy paper
Here are some things I have heard are not such great gifts for teachers:
* Baked goods - they get too many and some folks will not eat homemade stuff from folks they don't know very well (which I understand)
* Mugs and other apple themed clutter - they also get too many of these
What other ideas do you all have?